rebuilding winnebago itasca 1977 in the netherlands

Started by demully, March 28, 2016, 04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

demully

Hi, i am René and living in a small village in the Netherlands. In november 1997 i saw this camper in a garage near-by .When i came home i said to my youngest son (10 years old) that i wanted this camper. The little guy said daddy     * DREAM-ON *. three months later my son died. In april 1998 i saw the camper again and decided to buy it . spend several months in rebuilding it .until 7 years ago we had much fun of it and in this way our little guy was among us.Then we had several holidays in another way but we learned that the best holidays were those with the camper, so i decided to rebuil it again . project started now...

waterdamage , bad brakes , bad lights  etc.
starting with the roof and brakes ...

sorry if my English is not so good... :D

joanfenn

Oh my god what a story.   Get it up and running again for the son you lost.  Soon you will all have those happy memories again. And welcome to the site.  We are all here to help in any way we can.

joev

welkom  ik hopen men kan helpen sorry also if my Netherlands is not perfect also
glad you found this site were are all here to share and help

Joseph Van Rompaey

Froggy1936

Hi I am so sorry for your loss I know how it feels I lost a son age 11 . But Your rig is very close to the same as mine (1977 Mini Winnie) I have done all the things you need to do now Look in my Photos And in the Projects and updates for tips on roof and shelf repairs I have made a lot of changes , Now 1995 rebuilt 5.7 with fuel injection and a 4L80E 4 speed with OD and lock up convertor . On the tail light I just updated to new universal truck units (4 of them ) and a third stop light on the roof New Back up lights on the bumper Take a look at The Repaint  Good Luck Frank  :)ThmbUp
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Schmitti

Understeer is when you see the tree, if you'll take. Oversteer is when you only hear him on impact.

demully

Schmitti

Enjoy roof renovation :)ThmbUp .
In the pictures it looks as if the roof sag - that it should not. Check out my blog at times. I have already behind me. I bent flat steel and fixed to the timber side, thus you get a slight bias upwards ;) .

Thomas
Understeer is when you see the tree, if you'll take. Oversteer is when you only hear him on impact.

demully

dear Thomas,

the flat steel is a good tip, thanks  .
you used epdm , i want to use epoxy with glasfiber ??
grts René

Schmitti

EPDM I found easier and Firestone as manufacturers are still a long warranty on it ;)

Thomas

demully

tailight wanted \

i bouht new taillight(european) but that is different than your american models , so the problem modifiy the european or new(old) american model

who can help me out

thanks

i bougt a new set originals . ;)

Schmitti

I have that assemble Mercedes trucks, as Germany with its provisions is even worse than the EU.

Thomas

demully

next step will be..
epoxy on the roof ,i just need more time. W%

demully

joanfenn

Schmitti

demully