Post your ACTUAL SCALE weight

Started by TripleJ, January 30, 2016, 09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TripleJ

I know I waited too long to get my rig weighed, and I live about a mile from a scale. W%

I believe this ACTUAL SCALED weight is important to know when you're planning buying tires, towing or flat towing, or loading your rig "unconventionally".  Plus it might help browsers who are wondering how much something weighs...

Please follow the format, and only post it if you know your actual weight.  No speculation!

**to clarify**
We will only show axle weights here, no left side/right side, as this is not as common to find in a scale.  Also we are not concerned with the max rating of the axle itself, only the max load rating of the "front/rear of the vehicle" as it is shown on the placard on the vehicle.

ACTUAL WEIGHT - the weight on the scale reciept
WEIGHT RATING - the placard weight on the sticker in the vehicle

RV type: 1985 Holiday Rambler Presidential 28 foot, P30 chassis

1, Steer axle actual weight: 4880
2, Steer axle weight rating: 5000
3, Drive axle actual weight: 6900
4, Drive axle weight rating: 9840
5, Tag axle actual weight: (if equipped/known)
6, Tag axle weight rating: (if equipped/known)
7, Gross weight actual: 11780
8, Gross vehicle weight rating: 14500

Notes: Just over half tank of gas, half tank of propane, and no water onboard (winterized).  Otherwise this is pretty much my camping weight.  One thing that surprises me tho, I was on the scale solo, and my co-pilot weights in at about 120lbs... which means if I eat too many cheeseburgers I'LL BE OVER THE FRONT AXLE WEIGHT RATING!!! i?? :)rotflmao :)ThmbUp
'85 Holiday Rambler Presidential '28

HamRad Mobile

Good morning, Triple J; 

From the title, I confidently went to your message, and saw the format for the weights that you want.  I have the measured weights, both for the axles, and for each wheel set.  What I do not have conveniently available are the actual weight ratings for the axle assemblies.  I do know what the Winnebago people said is their weight rating on the placard for the front axle and wheels, and for the rear driving axle and wheels, but I do not have the axle maker's ratings for the axles.  This is going to take a little more research.  I will be back.   

This subject is also of interest to me, because of the strange numbers I have calculated from the tare weight of the Elandan, and the surprisingly light payload or carrying weight that is left, and for the weird left side versus right side weight bias I measured on the rear axle. 

Enjoy; 

Ralph 
          Latte Land, Washington 
          and the 1987 Winnebago Elandan WCP31RT, modified   

Rickf1985

Ralph, The weight ratings on the door are the ratings he is using. Actual axle ratings are quite a bit higher but are not used by DOT in an inspection and are of only passing interest.
This is going to be an interesting thread as it progresses. I will not be weighing mine until spring when I break it out for the season.

Rickf1985

On most motor homes the weight ratings are very close before loading. On slide ins for pick ups............... forget it, the manufacturers just flat out lie about what they weigh! You end up grossly overweight before you put anything in them. I am really surprised at Triple J's light weight. I have never seen or heard of a class A that was so far under the GVW. Since mine is now empty of water and propane I will get it weighed before I get the propane filled and then I will get it weighed after propane and a full tank of water just to see where the weight goes.

brians1969

I'm curious to know the GVW on my 1969 D24. Winnebago just lists a curb weight. On a Travco forum with an M300 chassis, I saw a figure of 12,500.