Follow the adventures of the Sewbago

Started by Roxyred, January 30, 2016, 06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roxyred

Hi All!

I have a 72 Chieftain I am turning into my mobile sewing studio to teach classes. My current space I teach in will be undergoing changes so I ventured into the unknown territory of classic winnebago stewardship. I thought other forum members might be interested in the process, so if you'd like to follow along as I get the Sewbago prepped for it's official launch at the end of March, check it out at:

Facebook: Sewbago Adventures
Twitter: @Sewbago
Instagram: @Sewbago

Here's a few pics to check out...thanks to all who have been helping with my questions so far on the forum! Great group!!

Roxyred

LJ-TJ

WOW! Does she ever look in good shape.

Rickf1985

Sewing is something I need to learn but I need to learn the industrial side of it to do boat seats and tops. I have two boats I need to do and I certainly can't afford to pay the going rate around here!

TerryH

I learned to sew as a pre-teen. Used it a lot in my hippy period. Even made my daughter's cloth diapers - don't think I ever told her that. It is a very handy skill.
I remember that Frederic used to bring up how handy it is to know how to sew.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

Roxyred

There's a few minor things I need to tend to (see my posts in needing parts!) but other than a tune up, oil change, etc, it runs, starts, drives, stops well. New shocks would be nice, and there's a leak in the vacuum booster for the brakes, nothing all that severe.

The very nice condition, 80k on the ody, and the addition of pergo and a breakfast bar (now the cutting station) were the main sellers when I got it. I am the 4th owner, and it's a colorado Bago that has returned home!

Though going from daily drivers of vintage Fiats where you are basically in a  go kart with your butt 6" from the ground and a stiff suspension....to driving a soft gianourmous Sewbago is an interesting switch. Though more trips out are making it less "omg omg omg stop! Don't fall over! Omg omg omg" and more "heeyyyyyy, this is kinda cool."

The numerous thumbs up and smiles are great too. Especially amusing from people driving Priussi (I think that's plural!)

Roxyred

Using an industrial machine in most cases isn't that different than a home machine. If you start out working with denim and canvas as practice on a home machine Rick, it will teach you how to handle the material well before working with an industrial. In most cases an industrial is very fast and powerful, but many of the techniques and fabric handling are the same.  ;)