225 70r19.5 tires on front of 1995 brave

Started by demon, January 24, 2016, 05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

demon

I need to get 2 tires for my winnebago. should I get  the 225 70r19.5 tires as opposed to the 19.5x8 that are on there now for the front? I would think it would feel better with a wider tire up there although i take its not much.  the front wheels look like there are a foot in from the side of the winnebago now! i almost want to turn the rims around the other way!! just kidding

bluebird

May not be able to with the wheels you have. If I remember right the 8r19.5 has a 6" wheel and the 225x70x19.5 has a 6.75 wheel. Don't really think you will feel the difference in the tire. The 8r19.5 tire is larger in diameter than a 225. My 95 Challenger had 8r19.5 tires and my Daybreak has the 225x70x19.5 tires, both coachs drive pretty much the same. The Daybreak rides better but I think it's because it has a 3 ft longer wheelbase.

Sasquatch

I made this swap on my M500 Chassis 1976 Executive years ago and liked the ride.  More stable, less wander, less roll in the corners.  But, it did raise my engine speed at any given road speed because of the smaller diameter.

kansascat

I also changed my 79 cruise air over to the metric. Less sidewall flex means less wander. Also the speedometer reads 65 but gps shows its actually 60. For me this is a plus as i pull trailer and plan to use in mountains also. 60mph in mine is now 3000 rpm. The plus is they are cheaper and easier to come by if ya ever need one out on the road.