H.R. Wall Swith Labeled O/H LT does Nothing but is Wired up.

Started by lngfish, October 10, 2015, 06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lngfish

Hello,

I've never really looked at this switch since it is the 3rd one in behind the drapes. Yesterday I did look at it. I don't have a Overhead Light, all I have are under cabinet lights and they have local switches.  This switch does nothing that I can figure out.  It opens and closes and has power and wires to it.

I wonder if there is a wire in the ceiling where I could add a ceiling light.

Weird to me HR would put a switch and wires that did nothing at all.

Since I recently put a fan in the ROOF and it had WIRES there now I'm thinking there may be wires for a ceiling light in the ceiling up there.

Any of you guys have HR with a switch and a ceiling light with a wall switch that says O/H LT.

Steve

lngfish

I looked at some brochures I have that came with this RV.  I may have figured it out not sure 100%.  There is an option for a BUNK.  I don't have a BUNK up front.  On the rear of this BUNK is a light in the center on the ceiling in the pictures.

Wish I had a this bunk then I'd have a light on end of this wire and switch.  Could sleep one more up in it with a bunk.  I'd really like to get a bunk from a RV junk yard, that possible?

Wire is in ceiling I'm thinking.

Steve

ClydesdaleKevin

We have a switch near the entry door that says "Ceiling LT."  It controls ONE of the Thin Lite ceiling fixtures, the one closest to the door, pretty much in the kitchen.  If left on, you can still turn on and off the ceiling light by its own switch.  If left off, it kills the power to the light.  We typically leave it on and operate the ceiling lights by their own switches...but you could leave the ceiling light switch one, and operate it when coming into or out of the rig by this switch by the door.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

lngfish

Kev,

Thanks.  I understand what you mean with the switch on wall being like a ROOT switch. I have one like that in bathroom.

What I do back there, since confusing, is I taped, painters blue tape, the local slide switch ON, and just use toggle on wall. It is one of those double lights back there.

NONE of the wall switches at entry on my 30 Alumlite do anything inside the coach, like one of yours does as a root for you kitchen light.

One if for Stairs power
One is for Porch light
and one is Unknown ( so far)

I have no ceiling lights forward of the kitchen light. I have (4) under cabinet lights, however.

It appears to me you would want to be able to turn a light on before entering the RV, other than the tiny one that comes on the plastic button, with this light on the bottom of the level panel , like you can do. One of those tiny bulbs.

*****I'm thinking they forget to put a light fixture on the ceiling in the area of the antenna or in the area forward of the forward AC unit, right before the slant or anywhere forward of the kitchen light.

Weird the only ceiling light I have is way back in the kitchen only.

Seem weird to you too?

Thanks for looking at your set up

Steve

HandyDan

My third switch is for the aisle lights down near the floor.  There is also a switch for them in the bedroom.  Like the others have said, if one switch is on, the other doesn't work. 
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

Rickf1985

I don't think I have a switch for the aisle lights in the bedroom but I do have one on the dash and one at the entrance door.
I find it amusing at how many different combinations of switches and locations for them there are even amongst the same brands and sometimes even the same models.

lngfish

Me too Rick,

I think they had a "put the fixtures up holiday day" when they did my ceiling.

http://colawrv.com/rvunits/1988-holiday-rambler-alumalite/

There is a picture there that shows (2) double lights on ceiling.

One up by the bunk bed and one about where the step come in at beginning of cabinet.

I got neither.

But I got the swtich!, hardly used too.

My only ceiling light or asile light (none of them down low), is in the bathroom, and where that picture was taken from. Right over his head at the stove at the closet.

The 2 yellow wires in the wall have a piece of black tape going around them to signify something?

I did not take tape off, but I may to see it if is hacked, plunged into, but the pair is taped not just one.

Some sort of factory lingo at HR.

Could be:

?? Let's skip putting any fixture up cause they won't find out till 2015 most likely or never ??

I've banged on ceiling but no reply of a rattle of jumping wires, silent.

lngfish

Well at least I can't complain about my light combination of lights since I don't have enough to come up with a combination.

$@!#@!