Forum change

Started by M & J, October 04, 2015, 10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M & J

The site looks dramatically different this morning. Its been down all morning and since restored, it seems to be a much simpler format.
What's up Oz?  Hm?
M & J

lemortede

If I was to guess from experience something custom that was done was causing the site to be down so he reverted to the stock application until he can figure out what the issue is. There are a few other thoughts I have but they are a little less likely.

Rickf1985

I don't like the format but it does work much, much faster!

M & J

Looks to be fixed now. Thanks Mark.
M & J

Oz

After all these years, you'd think I could pull of something which seems simple enough and not crash the site.  I was trying to fix the Gear Box and somehow managed to hit the invisible "crash the website instead" button.  Did a bang-up job of it too. 
N:(
Ran into more complications trying to fix it, but we're back.  D:oH!

You'll slowly see all the previous options, features, layout, etc. return as I continue to work on them throughout the day.

:)

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Oz

Just need to know if you're all seeing the Brown and yellow background theme

M & J

Colors look normal Mark.
M & J

DaveVA78Chieftain

QuoteJust need to know if you're all seeing the Brown and yellow background theme

Sort of 50/50. Parts of it yes.  Lots of the Simple Machines stock blue/light blue setup remain though
[move][/move]

Oz

Interesting.  I see it with the correct theme from as soon as I restored it.  Will have to see if it's a matter of a delay for you.

Let me know after a clearing cache, and also like in a day.

M & J

Wheres the blue Dave? The images on the home page left side are missing. In the home page Photo Gallery.
M & J

lemortede

My phone is seeing the blue...I like it. It's probably cached .css files or of the like. Clearing the Web cache in the Web browser should fix it.

Oz

The Gallery is not functional.  I've been dreading this for a long time and have been trying to find a replacement for it which I could transfer the images directly to.  No luck.  The original gallery has not been supported for a long time and is no longer compatible with the main program.  However, all the photos are still on the server.  It's a matter of how to either get the old gallery functioning with the newest website version, or get a new gallery and go through yet another monumental task:  Getting all the picture in it and associated with the member who posted them as well.

DaveVA78Chieftain

Simplemachines default setup

Current site images

Original site setup:
Header backgrounds (Photo Gallery, Proud to be a..., etc.) were brown
I think outer edge background was brown
Drop down button menu was brown gradient not blue gradient
Buttons are orange or blue not brown
Was the header section blue gradient to cream or just cream?
Missing Icons for sections (Chassis, Coach, Generators, etc.)
Sub-sections are not devided out (Cheby, Dodge, etc.)
Photo Gallery images on left side not displayed
Hmm, Photo Gallery is gone

You really got hit hard this time.

Example of original setup
[move][/move]

M & J

Ok. I see it after clearing the cache.
M & J

LJ-TJ

I got a bunch of weird little faces I never had before. Good luck MARK  :)rotflmao Still think your doing a great job. Oh! My main page is back it's just the rest that comes up blue and white.

M & J

I dont know what any of us can do to help Mark but if there is reach out.
M & J

Rickf1985

Mine still looks funky after clearing everything.

Lefty

Mine looks like Dave's. Blue.

I use Chrome and did clear everything and came back.. Still blue.

It's ok though, it's at least up & running. I'm sure you'll get things sorted out.
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

Oz

Quote from: Rickf1985 on October 04, 2015, 08:03 PM
Mine still looks funky after clearing everything.

Wow!  That's like so old, basic theme!  Not at all showing the brown/yellow which was (and is currently) being used.

I'm seeing it as it should be (as it was) so the code was not corrupted or I and everyone else would see the same thing.

There could be a delay in processing the complete, current changes to some people since the forum was on-line while I was still working on it. 

joanfenn

:)clap Way to go Mark.  Things look back to normal and we have our pictures back. :)ThmbUp

tiinytina

Everything blue/silver here win7 firefox but will log in on 8 and exploder once home.  gear box still MIA
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

Rickf1985

Here at work it was looking like it was getting back to normal and then just 3 minutes ago, Bang! Back to square one and all blue and very basic icons?

xerofall

I like the blue... can it stay?

M & J

Not enough contrast for these old eyes. And the font on this scheme seems smaller.
M & J

Rickf1985

And the home page is as basic as it gets. Makes you work hard to see what is new or not. I am sure it will come back eventually. I tried both IE and Firefox which I always use and they are both the same.