Onan Emerald 3 6.5 How does the exhaust attach to the heads?

Started by ClydesdaleKevin, September 29, 2015, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClydesdaleKevin

Its more than a problem...the exhaust is about to fall right off.  WOW is it loud!  And running like crap because of no backpressure.  One of the muffler mounts is missing, and the muffler is pretty much just swinging loose.  I can't see up into the unit to see how it attaches to the heads, or if I just have a missing bolt or nut or two.  Anyone have a clear picture of how the exhaust pipes mount to the heads?  My unit is mounted such that I have to unbolt it and swing it down to work on that area, or see it well.  A picture would let me know what I am getting into.  Thanks!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

DaveVA78Chieftain

A top of page select Member area -> Manuals, Diagrams, & Tech data
Scroll down TOC and Select Onan (enter name PW from Marks email)
Scroll down imbedded page to NHE 6.5
Download the parts manual 940-0228B
Go to pdf page 43 or 45 (depends on type of exhaust set up you have)

Oh, BTW - download all the manuals for your gen set so you have them  W%
[move][/move]

ClydesdaleKevin

Thanks Dave.  I forgot I already had it downloaded to my computer (and have a hardcopy in my RV binder...lol!)  So the sad news is that the flange bolts are either loose, or one is missing...and the only way to get to it is to unbolt the genny and swing it down.  Which is NOT going to be fun in the muddy campground we are currently in.  Maybe I'll wait until we get to my sister's paved driveway to fix it when we go on vacation after Thanksgiving.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.