Window Restoration

Started by Jupp318, September 18, 2015, 06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jupp318

I have a couple of windows that leak.  When leaking they appear to have a drip fall onto the catch and splash.  This causes the blinds only to be wet half way down the window.  Do I need to remove the frame and re-seal to the outer bodywork?. Also when I am doing this work I intend to change the U channel stuff that the sliding windows run-in.  I have seen on other posts the different part numbers for the different thicknesses of glass but is there anything else I should look at replacing while I'm at it?.  I have a 1985 Chieftain 27 on a P30 Chassis.

Thanks in advance

Ian...

DaveVA78Chieftain

1.  Download the parts book for your WCN27RU
2.  Window parts start on pdf page 22.  You can see how they are put together on those pages.  You should be able to look those P/N's up in the Winnebago catalog.
3.  I do not think you have fiberglass siding however if you do then you really want to get on this quick.  Fiberglass sidewall delamination comes from water leaks.  The inner/outer plywood pieces of the foam sidewall sandwich for the Aluminum sided rigs can also get rotted out from a water leak.
4.  The window frame acts like a C-clamp.  The screws between the inner and outer frame squeeze the window frame together to form the seal.
5. Make sure the weep holes along the bottom edge are not plugged up. Thats how water is drained out of the window channels
[move][/move]

Jupp318

Dave,

Great information, thanks.  I do have the fibreglass siding so I will get on to it straight away.  Luckily my Winnie is stored undercover, so it doesn't see too much weather most of the time.

Thanks Ian...