norcold refrigerator doesn't work at all

Started by demon, September 16, 2015, 07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

demon

I just bought my first Winnebago. Its a 1995 Brave and is real nice for its age. the guy i bought it from said the fridge use to work on ac power only so he was trying to fix it and he took off and replaced 2 wires backwards and no it doesn't work at all. I'm trying to figure this out . I think i've got the 2 wires he mixed up figured out. they are the dc power in. what would happen if that's what he did?.... besides it doesn't work

HandyDan

We are going to need more information than that.  It is hard to tell what would happen depending on what wires they were.  Under normal conditions, the most that would happen is you might blow a fuse on the circuit board, but you could just as well have burnt the circuit board up, or, like me, you overheat the power wire and melt the insulation.  What model of refrigerator is it and where are the wires that were crossed?  Whether it is on 110, 12vt, or gas, it must have 12volts going to it for it to work. 
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

Oz

We're also assuming it didn't work on propane mode before he played with the wires?
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

demon

That's cool..I'll check for power . yea he said it didn't work on propane and he was trying to fix it..Trying to post a pic but can't seem to get it to attach..maybe it's to big. Well anyway it was the green and black wires right next to were the 110 power comes in that he said he crossed

demon

Ok went home and pulled the cover off and checked fuses..all good. I have a big binder that came with the Winnebago that has the books for everthing it came with so I went to see if it had the model number ,well there are wiring diagrams in the back of it. The guy I bout it from had the 12 volt wires and the heater coil wires mixed up! Switched and now all is good..thanks

Bnova