Chieftain bath remodel, need ideas

Started by JerryP, September 27, 2015, 11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryP

Anybody here remodeled their bathroom to include changing the toilet placement.
I do not like how the bath is setup,
the toilet is just in the wrong place, and too cramped.
I am thinking of pouting the toilet where the shower is, and turning the whole bath into a shower.
I do not like my knees banging on the door, and there is not much room to pee.

Switching the toilet, and shower seems like a natural way to fix it,
Not sure about how i will need to change the drain plumbing or holding tanks

Jerry P
89 Winnebago Chieftain 23RC
A work in progress

Elandan2

If you look at other units of similar dimensions and layout, many of them have the vanity sink inside the bathroom.  That would give you more room around the toilet.  Winnebago has even built many models that way. As an example the '84 Chieftain 22RC.  Here is the link to the brochure.  [size=78%] [/size]

http://winnebagoind.com/resources/brochure/1984/84-Chieftain-bro.pdf

Rick
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

ClydesdaleKevin

Your biggest problem is going to be the toilet flange, which is either going to be threaded into your black tank...or glued in.  Either way, you'll have to plug that one up and install a new flange where you want your new location...IF it still sits over the black tank.  You need it to drop directly into the black tank, or you are going to have clogs and blockages constantly.  If your shower doesn't sit directly over the black tank, then I would say your project is a no-go.  Unless you want to relocate the black tank.  And installing a new flange, even if the shower does sit over the tank, isn't an easy job without cutting a big hole in the floor first, or dropping the black tank to access the top of it.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

JerryP

Considering that, Thank you for the link.
Thinking of maybe using one of the accordion, or track doors, like in the newer Winnebagos.
Seems like a good plan A.
I have considered taking out the vanity sink, and cabinets, to open it up.
Me and the wife see little reason to have that sink, when you turn around, and have another sink right there.
The only reason for it seems to be tradition. Although, if we did not have it, we would want it.
Jerry P
A work in progress

JerryP

Thank you for the heads up on the flange.
I appears, without measuring, that the shower drain would be right where the toilet flange is, and I may have to raise the floor, or lower the tanks, although it does not initially look like it.
One of the reasons I am considering it, is because I want to redo the walls, so while I am there....
Appreciate the input, as there are a couple of things mentioned, I had not thought of :)
Jerry P
A work in progress