Photos too big for posts?

Started by doylexl, February 19, 2013, 10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doylexl

I have tried to post pics on here twice and both times it tells me that the files are too large, I don't know if 's because I'm using a tablet ?

DaveVA78Chieftain

Far as I know the requirements for attachments are:

Attachments are limited to 4 per post.  Size is limited to 1000kb total, 250kb each.

Not sure about an attachment however gallery pics are limited:
You cannot upload photos which are larger than 1280 x 1280.  If you've taken hi-res pictures, you will have to re-size them before uploading.

Dave
[move][/move]

emoney

As easy way to solve the pic issue is to open up each one in "Paint" and you can resize them there pretty easily.  Just don't forget to "re-save" the changes.

moonlitcoyote

I upload all my pics to photobucket.com then just link them here

DaveVA78Chieftain

QuoteI upload all my pics to photobucket.com then just link them here

Diito here.  CW site automatically adjusts display size here for the external file but allows you to expand to full size if desired.

*******     1/1/2020 UPDATE!    ******
Photobucket is no longer free and is making any pics that were originally stored there unusable.  I am slowly rehosting the pics here with Marks blessing so they can be seen once again.  Just takes some time.

Dave
[move][/move]

Oz

The best and easiest program to use for resizing I've found and have been using for years is IrfanView.  It's a breeze and it's free.  I resize all pix to 640x480 and save as jpeg at 25% original quality.  The final version looks completely clear and will reduce a photo of over 250kb down to between 30 - 40kb. 

One click on 'adjust colors" and too bright or too dark pictures look a world better.  I've found it to be much better than using "Paint" program.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

HandyDan

I use Irfanview all the time, too, and it is much easier than many other photo editing programs. 
You can find it here:  http://www.irfanview.com/
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

doylexl

This website is awesome,I think I have the picture problem figured out thanks to you all and my wife. I have been reading the forums and checking out all of the pictures on here way back before I bought this motorhome.

Oz

Please remember these rules when posting attachments:

Attachments:
Attachments are limited to 4 per post.  Size is limited to 1000kb total, 250kb each.  (This is to ensure the photo uploads and and viewing of the post goes smoothly and uninterrupted).

** Diagrams or photos or technical resources may be attached to posts in technical topics to show parts, diagrams, configurations, problems, projects, etc. which would otherwise be difficult to describe or which enhace the explanation.

Other Pictures:

Other pictures you would like to put in posts should be saved off-site and embedded or embedded from your gallery album to help reduce host disc space and bandwidth use.  The more that's used, the more it costs.
Pictures used in the signature line of your profile may be RV related or of a personally meaningful nature.  Please limit your signature line photos to not more than 150 x 150 pixels in size.  Personal websites, website links, or images promoting other websites or businesses, topics or events are not permitted without approval of the Administrator

pvoth1111

windows 7......in file explorer.....right click....about half way down.....resize picture
We call our coach "Charlie Brown"

PwrWgnWalt

You can shrink JPG file size in a Windows picture manager program. Open your picture and look for an Edit Picture button.  You want to resize the picture to a 'web page' size, or something with 250 KB or less to be able to attach it.Another option is to get a Photobucket account (free), post your pics there, and then post the links to those pics.
Walt & Tina

Oz

The file size limit is 250 kb, definitely not mb.  The host would shut us down in less than a month if all the attachments were that large.

Oz

Attachment size limits have been changed to help accommodate ease of upload.

Total attachment limit per post is now 4MB
Attachment limit per image is 1MB

Max number of attachments per post is still 4.

:) :)ThmbUp