Souces for Reasonably Priced Brake Parts

Started by MSN Member, November 28, 2008, 06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MSN Member

Sent: 6/5/2003 8:16 AM

I had posted an earlier request for info on brake parts for my '71 Chieftan. Dave suggested Alretta Truck Parts and they can supply or rebuild everything except the shoes. Price is now the problem. Front brakes are done as you can still get those parts at the NAPA store.  The prices from Alretta are as follows: cylinders $64.10 ea., springs $114.00,Boosters$225.00 ea.,rebuild master cylinder $305.00. If any of you folks know of other sources that may be more reasonable please let me know.
Thank You,
                  Ernie

Sent: 6/5/2003 1:58 PM

I had a shop do the wheel cylinders and pads for my 69 D22, and I did the master cylinder and I'll do the boosters. I got a rebuilt master cylinder from my local Car Quest for $37.00 with trade. The boosters will be about $150.00 with trade. AC 

Sent: 6/17/2003 6:45 PM

Ernie,
     Holy Crap!!!  Caution: HIGH PRICES.  I got a master cylinder from a local parts store (Federated) for under $40  with $10 core charge.  I got the rear wheel cylinders from Auto Zone for $26 each.  Call your local parts places first.  If they don't show a listing for your chassis under the headings of M-300, M-400, etc...  Ask for the same number under the D listing.  ie:  M-300 chassis (MH) = D-300 chassis (truck).  Same parts.  Good luck.