Post your "Really Ruff Winnebago and Vintage RV's" here....

Started by legomybago, August 11, 2015, 05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

legomybago

Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

Rickf1985

I am thinking the damage is much worse lower on the side?

TerryH

It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

CapnDirk

Yes, action and reaction.  The opposite of hammered in is to hammer out.  Simple physics.  Not to be confused with being hammered and hugging the porcelin.   :)rotflmao

Been there, done that, had to wash the T-shirt.   :D
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

"I say we nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure"

TerryH

QuoteBeen there, done that, had to wash the T-shirt.   :D 

Excellent line, thank you!
I will remember and use this.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

legomybago

boohoo222

1978 dodge coachmen class c 23ft                       1978 chevy open road class b

Rickf1985

A drive through! They don't want to look at it I guess, hence the uncut grass on that side.

CapnDirk

Something to consider.

We see so many of these in fields, next to the home or barn, in a state of someone working on them but maybe untouched for a year or three.  I would like to think that many people did not want to let go because the beasts history is that it was an accomplishment that resulted in dad driving and setting up camp, mom fixing a meal, and the kid and pup being mesmerized by it all.  It's hard to let go of such magnificent peace.

They are/were one of the best definitions of America. Road trip.  And in those days, it was just gas.

I'm in a melancholy mood tonight.   :)   so, my favorite quote.

“You can’t get so hung up on where you’d rather be, that you forget to make the most of where you are.”

"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

legomybago

You said that well Capn, The very reason I contribute to this forum is because of my youth riding around in a 73' Brave with my Grandparents all over WA State. I am personally on the lookout for a pristeine 72-73' D18. I've never owned an eyebrow, so I'll probably kick myself for buying one someday....lol

Rickf1985

I am currently on the lookout for a later Bluebird conversion or Barth. Or even a bus conversion. But like most of us on here there is that one little thing called MONEY!

legomybago

I've contemplated a Wanderlodge....Big money though, BUT you can find some mid/early 80's rigs that need a fair amount of TLC for a decent price, might take you a year to find, but you can find them.

CapnDirk

Rickf1985

I think I would be looking fo something a lot newer. That smashed Winnie is actually for sale on another site! 500.00 and it is yours.

CapnDirk

We had one in my area a couple months ago where the couple was moving (I think it was their Aunts)  Wanted $150 for it and at the deadline said "title in hand come and get it for free".

legomybago

Rickf1985

Now THERE is a unique way to repair your roof. There are tons of school buses in junk yards.

CapnDirk

Quote from: legomybago on October 05, 2017, 09:41 AM
You said that well Capn, The very reason I contribute to this forum is because of my youth riding around in a 73' Brave with my Grandparents all over WA State. I am personally on the lookout for a pristeine 72-73' D18. I've never owned an eyebrow, so I'll probably kick myself for buying one someday....lol

I'm not familiar with the designations on the "eyebrow" history.  What does the D18 mean?

Oz

"D" meant it was a Dodge chassis.  "18" "19" 20, 22, 23,24... is the length in feet.
The early models were "F" for Ford chassis.  17' & 18'  F17 & F18
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

tmsnyder

Quote from: Rickf1985 on October 05, 2017, 09:55 AM
I am currently on the lookout for a later Bluebird conversion or Barth. Or even a bus conversion. But like most of us on here there is that one little thing called MONEY!

I saw a Barth for sale the last two years at the Windgap Bluegrass festival in PA, not too far from you, you are in NJ?  If you're serious I'm sure you could track the guy down, it's not a very big community. 

CapnDirk

Quote from: Oz on October 11, 2017, 10:33 PM
"D" meant it was a Dodge chassis.  "18" "19" 20, 22, 23,24... is the length in feet.
The early models were "F" for Ford chassis.  17' & 18'  F17 & F18

Thanks OZ. 

M & J

Theres a Bluebird not far from me Rick. I put pics up on the site here somewhere. We'll go look at it when you visit.
M & J

legomybago

Yes Capn, the D-18 is the 18 footer. I'd like to put a 440 in one with hot exhaust and maybe a gear vendor. They only came with itsy bitsy 318's.

CapnDirk

So did the "native american" designations also pertain to the same vehicles?  Like a D18 brave or a D20 Brave?

legomybago

Yea the mascots....Somewhere out there is schematic showing the differences between Indian, Brave, Warrior, Chieftain etc. The early model Indians came with the 413ci, vs. Brave's had the 440 or 318ci, but option's also changed with size/length and drivetrain's too. So I really didn't answer your question? Kinda like a politician?  ???