Trolley's new water lines.

Started by WyzrdX, August 07, 2015, 04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyzrdX

Hello everyone.

This is our first project page for our '74 Winnebago Indian D25. My daughter, who is 4, fell in love with her. She affectionately named her Trolley from the PBS show Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. We have several projects and will have a Topic for each one we do.

This is on the water line replacement. I hooked up a water hose from the house and we had a sprinkler system so I had to get this done pretty quick, I love the rain but I dont want to sleep in it. I got a lot done but temp is currently 116° heat index and I am taking a break.

I decided to just add new PEX all the way and worry about removing the old copper later. (I will just to sell it.) The worst I found was a 1/4" hole in the copper. Likely chewed by a rat.

I replaced the old nasty water connection and fill valve then the line to the pump. Then I ran new lines from there all the way to the toilet and sink. Here are a few of the pics B&A.

[smg id=7364 type=preview width=400]
[smg id=7366 type=preview width=400]
[smg id=7360 type=preview width=400]
[smg id=7362 type=preview width=400]

I hooked into the existing copper at this point and found more leaks. Someone had used hose clamps to tie into the existing tubing with garden hose when the hot water heater was replaced. So I have more to do but the heat is just to much. In and out is too much for the AC.

[smg id=7363 type=preview width=400]

I will add more later after it cools off and maybe I can get it done today.
"The only source of knowledge is experience" - Albert Einstein

A Crowded Camper is better than an Empty Mansion.... Says Who?????

Rickf1985

If you had a rat that chewed through the copper pipe I don't want to meet it. I have a 10 gauge shotgun just in case I do though!

WyzrdX

That was my thought exactly. There was a nest within 10 inches of the hole. Once I pull out the copper I will be able to determine what really happened.

I have found several rat nests and a squirrels stash so it may have been the squirrels. Either way this is my home now they can bug off.

WyzrdX

OK I managed to get semi-completed with the PEX conversion. I say semi-complete because I will be replacing the hot water tank with a tankless water heater.

But for now I needed water without leaks so I only replaced the main hot line to the sink and tied into the existing copper just before the hot water tank. (This will be replaced through once the tank is replaced)

Here are some more pics

[smg id=7363 type=preview width=400] Before
[smg id=7385 type=preview width=400] After
[smg id=7361 type=preview width=400] Before
[smg id=7386 type=preview width=400] After
[smg id=7389 type=preview width=400] Outside Shower while running the lines