Need Fuel Filter

Started by coolman, July 25, 2013, 09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolman

I have a 1989 Winnebago Super Chief on a 1988 P30 chassis.
I need a fuel filter that is mounted in the frame rail and cant find one anybody seen a filter like this it looks like the factory did this because the fuel lines on each side of the filter don't look cut. There is a 1/2 piece of hose on each side of the filter attaching it to the fuel lines. I am at a loss.

George-47

I had a plugged fuel filter om my 85 Elandan [w/a 454 on a P-30 chassis] that looked very much like that...got a replacement from NAPA ... didn't seem too special..

George

HandyDan

1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

MotorPro

Those only have 3/8" ends. You can usually tighten the hoses enough to make them work. Mr Gasket makes a chrome 1/2" one that you can order from Summet or Jegs or have a local speed shop order one.

ClydesdaleKevin

NAPA has them.  Just tell them you need 1/2 inlet and outlet.  I just replaced mine last year, and plan on replacing it again this year (we rack up a lot of miles).  I tried finding the part number but couldn't find the receipt, but I guarantee you that they have them.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

cncsparky

For those that don't have a NAPA handy.  Wix #s are 33299 and 33248.  The 33299 is listed as a GM motorhome filter. 
-Tom

MotorPro

Thanks for the NAPA part #. I go to the NAPA's around here and tell them I need a fuel filter with 1/2" fittings and they ask what year honda does that fit or look at me like I have 2 heads.

coolman

Got the filter today thanks for the info.
Soon as the rain lets up going to install it.

tiinytina

new wix numbers for 1987 anyway...33033 for inline.  3/8" in out
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!