Smart Tiles - easy kitchen or bathroom update

Started by Flanders, June 08, 2015, 01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flanders

My wife purchased these 10" x 10" tile sheets a few months back and I finally got around to installing them this weekend.  Very easy to install and very impressive results.  Just clean the surface to remove any grease or dirt and peel and stick.  You can trim them with a decent pair of scissors or a utility knife.  She bought 20 sheets for about $6 each and we still have several sheets left over after doing both the kitchen and bathroom.  Here is a link to their website http://www.thesmarttiles.com/en_us/. Here are the before and after pictures of the kitchen.  We'll have to see how well they hold up, but according to the MFR, after the 48 hour cure, they are supposed to be pretty robust.

xerofall

Wow, that looks great and instantly updates the kitchen.

mmurning

did you paint over the wall paper?

Thanks
            Mark
1994 Montego 28ft
2005 Ford F150
2003 Gmc Yukon
1997 Flsts
2005 King Quad 700

Flanders

Yes, but only as far as was needed to cover. The instructions say it's fine to stick over cured paint though.

M & J

M & J

bnlfan

Flanders, thank you so much.

I have the same layout in my Chieftan that I want to update.  I have already replaced the counter top and now I can match it with these tiles.  Plus, I recently redid my home kitchen and wanted to tile but didn't want all the work.  This will work great for my back splash, thank you so much....