chieftain paint

Started by JerryP, May 27, 2015, 02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryP

Got some paint on the Chieftain,
Not enough, and not done, but I have the basic gist of where I am going.
The job have been a pain.
could not get the paint to go on properly,
Fixed a delam spot that was small, but got bigger as I worked on it.
My sprayer had a too small office, so the paint did not go on properly. I'll have sand the bad spots, to redo it.
Rolling it was not working either. brushing not so much. Probably something I was doing.
Took a step back, calmed down, went at it with a new, more patient attitude, and it is coming together OK.
It is not going to look like a 12,000 dollar paint job, it is after all a 400 dollar paint job.
Anyway, it is coming along. I will roll, and brush the rest, unless i can come up with a large office sprayer.
Jerry P
89 Winnebago Chieftain 23RC
A work in progress

sasktrini

It looks good!  I think personalizing the exterior is cool!  Doesn't have to be perfect.  I wanna get brave and paint mine eventually!
Corey aka sasktrini

JerryP

Quote from: sasktrini on May 27, 2015, 05:29 PM
It looks good!  I think personalizing the exterior is cool!  Doesn't have to be perfect.  I wanna get brave and paint mine eventually!

One thing I like about hammered finish is you do not have to be a great body work guy, and can sand with 80 & 100 grit, as the thick paint covers a lot.

Plus the paint has an interesting tint, and texture.

The value of 5K is so low already that is will neither hurt the value, nor help it, so I only have to worry about what I like, with no concern of future buyers
Jerry P
89 Winnebago Chieftain 23RC
A work in progress