Started by DonD, May 13, 2015, 01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonD

Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

xerofall

Ugh... that makes me sick to watch....

Mr. T

I am with you Don.  I hug the right lane unless made to change and stick as close to 55 as possible.  We are heading to Myrtle Beach next week and you will never see me passing anyone, except for those pesky mopeds.
Don T.

duramax

The solution to the tire problem is not driving 55 mph. It is throwing away tires that have a tire code more than 7 years old. I know there are many classic owners who have tires 10 or more years old. Very dangerous. We had a Bluebird with bad Goodyear tires. I was coming around a curve on a 2 lane highway with no real shoulder when the right front tire exploded. I had installed a Steer Safe and I knew not to hit the brakes. Luckily the Bluebirds have a very large steering wheel that gives you some mechanical advantage. The Bird was heading to the ditch but I managed to keep it upright and on the edge of the road. Very scary. I installed new tires the next day. Steer safe works really well on straight axles. Some of the bias ply tires may not be rated for more than 60 to 65 mph.

cosmic

man. that's everyone's worse nightmare.. that was one big rig with one big load behind it as well. I think he was going off that road even at 55 mph..
Hope they survived.. :angel:

1990HR

Rickf1985

The scary part is reading the "expert" comments after the video! And to think, these people are out there on the road!!!