1976 Winnebago D21 Brave complete renovation - JAN-APR 2015

Started by rude-a-bego, April 15, 2015, 05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rude-a-bego

I know it has been a while since I posted any updates;                    $@!#@! job....

I'm not even sure where I left off so I apologize if there is any repeat info

I have more done but still have a long way to go; April 2016 is my target now.

I have almost all the walls re-insulated and some sealed up. I used foam board and drilled holes in them. I pressed them against the siding with boards them filled the holes with spray foam.  Spray foam is the BEST adhesive in the world! It sticks to almost everything!!! Once the foam hardened, I took a razor blade and trimmed the walls flat.  Walls are solid as a rock!
Rudy  ,':{ Ì´

rude-a-bego

I cleaned up the cockpit with a power wire brush and elbow grease.  Just to get an idea of what it might look like, I painted the dog house flat green.  Will probably cover it with carpet for sound proofing and insulation value; definitely putting DynaMat under the dog house.

rude-a-bego

PO mounted the spare tire in the front; that had to go.  I left the platform; not sure if I will do anything with it.  it makes a convenient step to wash the windows but that is about all.  I thought about mounting a ball to it to move my trailer around.  However, reality set in and I realized I would probably never do that.  Suggestions?  Comments?

rude-a-bego

There's that smile!  I think it actually looks happier! :)clap

rude-a-bego

It was a big day when I finally replaced the broken back window. 

rude-a-bego

Although it will still be an emergency exit, I planned to replace the plexiglass with something that would block out more of the heat...  enter FRP (fiber reinforced panel).

I attached foam board to the inside of the FRP; HUGE difference in inside temperature!!!!

And... IMO, it looks great!

Oz

Quote from: rude-a-bego on April 15, 2015, 05:38 PM
There's that smile!  I think it actually looks happier!

Yes, I think it does look happier.  The before picture looks like some kind of weird lip piercing or something - LOL!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Mayhem_audio

i have a question ad see it on a lot of old rvs   what are the meaning of the numbers. at the top of the back  or some time on the front brow

hi im matt  im going to cut my winne up
www.BaggedWinnebago.com
www.fb.com/BaggedWinnebago

Lima, Ohio 45807

I also have a CAPSLOCK PROBLEM

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca