Fixing the standons on the RV ladder

Started by joanfenn, April 17, 2015, 06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joanfenn

found this video (kind of Blurry) on youtube.  Gives me an idea for the next project on ours.  Our ladder is due for replacement but with the odd angle at the back I think we have to fix what we have.  We don't use it much but would be nice to know that when we have to it will be safe.  Priced out standons on the web and at 10.00 each will be cheaper just to buy the bolts and connectors at home depot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ddTufarvhY&feature=player_detailpage

M & J

Oh. The standoffs for the ladder. Got it now.
M & J

Oz

Stand on, stand off.  Stand on, stand off.  Mr. Miagi.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Rickf1985

While it may be more expensive the hardware and the ladder parts are exactly the same as the marine parts used on boats. I need to replace the bottom part of my ladder but I just need the side tubes since someone backed into something and bent them. You can buy the aluminum or stainless tubing from West marine or any other large boating supply. And the fittings.

RANGERRICK

If the stand offs are good you can but the special star connectors at a good RV store and buy the bolts  at a hardware store.

joanfenn

I actually went to home depot today to get the bolts but they didn't have the right size connectors in stock.  Everything else is fine, just the bolts rusted through inside.  But after all it is 28 years old.  Still looking.