Wiper blades or refills: 1990 Southwind

Started by bgbevan, February 24, 2015, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgbevan

Got these Michelin blades that attache with a small machine screw/nut.  The refill measure 25.5" and the blade measures 24" tip to tip.  They have trapezoidal grippers and I measured 7 mm at the widest.  I sort of remember the last time I got refills they referred to them as narrow.  I would buy refills if I could get them but I guess I'll go with the whole blade assembly it that's the only way.  Hardly anyone sells refills any more and the whole wiper blade marketing thing drives you nuts......The Phantom, Onyx, Sentry, Instinct, etc.  What happened to the good old fashioned single function wiper blade?

DonD

Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

Rickf1985

Remember those sloped metal boxes in the garages and gas stations that had all the wiper blades in them? I still have the one I had in my last garage. Still even has wipers in it! I doubt they are any good though, been 20 years since I had that garage.

bgbevan

Thanks to DonD for the tip.  I wasn't able to find a Trico refill and ended up at www.piaa.com.  They have lots of refills for big rigs and RVs. 
I never was able to find a refill for that very narrow(6.5 mm)Michelin wiper blade but I had kept the original blade(8mm) that came with the coach and their refill, #94065, fit perfectly.