Winnebago Tire Cover

Started by Jer4sports, March 03, 2015, 05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jer4sports

Surprised that I haven't been able to find a Winnebago spare tire cover. Does anyone know if anybody makes them? I'd love to have the iconic W on the back of my rig.

LJ-TJ

Can't say's I've ever seen one. Got a picture. I'd think you'd have to get a plain vinyl  cover and have someone make a vinyl sticker for it or get a fiberglass one and have some won paint a "W" on it for you. Hm?

cosmic

Hay that's a great idea for our store here on line.. I would buy one W%

Lefty

I designed one several years ago, with the idea of having them screen printed onto white vinyl covers and sold in the Club store, but the setup costs were too high to get it done.
But, here's the two designs I did...

I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

joev

Hey if we could get that done for a reasonable price I like the first design best I would buy one Too
I had to go to camping world and just buy a plain white tire cover its ok but would rather have one with the
Classic Winnebago on it

Oz

One with just the "W" would be good.  Cant' even find them anymore.

Lefty, you can always make them and sell them here.  I provide free advertising to all community members with their own businesses.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Jer4sports

I too would be very interested in buying one if it was sold on here. Preferably the W but I'd also purchase one of those designs you made, Lefty.

cosmic

I bought my cover at Sands Rv in Ohio for cheap. problem is all of our rigs take different size covers. So you need to find a place like Sands Rv that sell them for cheap and carries a bunch of sizes. Do a order of like 10 and then print 10 and ship them out. Its starts to add up in price before ya no it. Plus the club needs to make a few bucks as well.

Any how if someone thinks they could do this up.. I'm in for one. :)clap

kenwautoone

Oz

If Lefty were to make the covers with just the flying W, they'd be direct order through him.  No proceeds to CWVRV.

Lefty

I'll do some checking. It's been so long that I don't have any of the old info regarding the pricing anyways. 

I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

Oz

I'm clicking the "like" button...

Oz

Anyone wishing to produce covers or decals for covers need to contact me via PM with the prices and seller full name, address, telephone # and business name if applicable for approval to sell anything on this website which is other than miscellaneous salvage parts or salvage parts if it's a retail business.

I've always provided free advertising for member business owners, and will continue to do so for those who have obtained approval.

Oz

A major reason why we haven't made a Winnebago "W" decal for tire covers is that application is much more difficult than putting a decal on a flat, hard surface.  The tire cover material needs to be on the tire and have been on it long enough for it to stretch from initially mounting it.  A flat blank of wood or something would need to be inserted between the tire and the cover in order to properly apply the decal, and it would be easy to mess up the decal in the process.  We wouldn't want to have members buy the decal and have that happen to them.

And even though the decal could be made of 7 year material, tire covers themselves weather very quickly if exposed to the elements on a regular basis and that would affect the decal as well.

The only method I see as being easy and durable is screen printed and as Lefty pointed out, it's cost prohibitive, at least for the designs he provided.  I'd like to see what it would cost for just a flying "W", in black, I'm guessing 20"x20"?  22"x 22"? or 24"x24" would cost via PM if anyone might have feedback on that.