Rv parks accepting 72 winnie

Started by kenwautoone, January 10, 2015, 06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenwautoone

Morning all.been member long time,getting ready to go full time in restored 72 brave.wondering what I face in Rv parks in Arizona and new mexico

Froggy1936

I have found that if your rig is clean and looks decent and has no fluid leaks you will not have any problems except at snootyville parks  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Oz

Quote from: Froggy1936 on January 10, 2015, 09:04 PM
... you will not have any problems except at snootyville parks  Frank

Snootyville parks... I like that.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Bill Hime

I will reopen this topic! Some of you know we are moving to Colorado Springs here very soon. We've lined up jobs and plan on staying in a RV park while looking for a permanent residence. It's been interesting, some of the websites we've seen stated "no RV's older than..." Don't remember the year off hand but it definitely excluded our Chief.
Personally, I don't waste my time with people from Snootyville, but I was rather surprised  :P

Bill
And the journey begins....!

Rickf1985

Don't be, and that year of exclusion is not very old anymore. When you think about it a 2000 coach is 17 years old and considered ancient by most standards. I went to one of those parks one time in a borrowed RV that qualified to go there and I will never go to one again! I was walking my dog and there was NOBODY outside! They were all holed up in their air conditioned half million dollar homes watching sat TV. Every once in a while you would catch someone looking out the window so you wave and the drape slam shut. I had one person actually venture outside only to tell me I should not have an attack dog in a campground. My "attack dog" was my 120 lb. German shepherd who had the personalty of a teddy bear. He was the most people loving and laid back dog I ever had. Meanwhile this guy had two little ankle biters barking and yapping at the windows of the RV. I am guessing they had litter boxes inside and they never went out either because in two days that was the only contact I had there. It was quiet but weird.

I think that most of us that have the older RV's are in a much lower income bracket than those that own the new mega-dollar RV's These people just want to be able to move their house from place to place. I can tell you that not all top earners are like that, I used to service very high end collector cars for celebrities and people that "did not want to be known". I had a reputation for doing good work, I was honest and I was discreet. A lot of these people are good people so I do not like to put them all in a class together. I know one family that has a 92 Pace Arrow and travels extensively staying in the lower end places we are limited to and they love it. He tells me it is a "much better group of people". nobody knows who he is, just another guy with a camper. This guy is worth probably more than the collective income of everyone on this site combined. Good people.

WrigleysBraveWin

After 36 years as a Roofing Contractor I can tell you we had all kinds of Customers but for the most part Customers like the CEO of  McDonald's at the time we did their roof, are very laid back folks ...... Amazingly some of our toughest Customers were middle class busy bees types keeping up with their neighbors.
Today is the youngest you'll ever be!

HamRad Mobile

An interesting subject. 

Yes, people with real money most often are really nice people.  One young lady I knew back in college was a member of an extremely well known family in New York City.  We had a very pleasant social relationship.  One day the "dorm mother" for her building asked me to come over and talk with her.  She tried to explain to me that the young lady's family was not just "well off," but that they were "rich."  Well, from what I had seen of her, and knew about her at school, I did not see anything really unusual. I spent Christmas with them one year.   I did learn that their apartment occupied one floor of the building on Park Avenue.   Really nice people.  Later I did begin to think about what were the differences, and concluded that my having grown up in a military family was enough of a difference to be a possible problem, and I backed out. 

Another fellow I knew was the head of the Linear Integrated Microcircuits Division of the Sprague Electric Company.  He also liked to race motorcycles, and he did it quite well.  I has his main race mechanic and chief of pit crew on selected weekends of the year back in the 1960s.    Again, another really nice person, and he also liked having fun in his life.  He had the position he did, and the status he did, because he was very good at what he did. 

While these two examples are not the only ones available, they are representative.       

Finally, the place where I worked during the 1960s was known for the talent, capability, and creativity of so many of the senior administrative people and the working engineers and scientists there.  I feel very fortunate to have been able to work there and participate in the programs I did back in that time.  And I was able to play with some of the neatest toys while I was there.  A couple of them were the same ones that the guys at the old National Bureau of Standards had and used.  That was fun. 

However, again, at lunch time and in other settings away from the normal duties at work, they were also really nice people who liked doing things that a lot of us do.  They were real people.  Yes, the old saying actually is true; "Engineers are people too." 

Enjoy; 

Ralph 
          Latte Land, Washington     

kenwautoone

Morning all;well here is my 3 year report.I have found in all sorts of parks,like in life, your attitude affect s everything.most times I have emailed in advance if they would consider my old winnebago.i volunteer to send pictures,never been turned down.I have actually asked to come back.It really comes down to conditon of RV....Ken

legomybago

Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy