PVoth's Charlie Brown Project Place

Started by pvoth1111, December 07, 2014, 06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pvoth1111

In recent weeks I've been working on Charlie Browns outside....Painted the Basement doors....Krylon Fusion Plastic 2438 Satin Khaki....

I started painting the stripes too....the bottom stripe is also....Krylon Fusion Plastic 2438 Satin....the middle stripe is Krylon Fusion Plastic 2436 Satin Espresso....and the top stripe is....Krylon Fusion Plastic 2326 Navy.....I think it looks pretty damn good.

Also around the rear window is the Krylon Fusion Plastic 2438 Satin Khaki

Also today I rewired the front A/C to operate the fan in Auto instead of all the time and will do the back A/C next weekend  and install heating element in it.....

I will post some previous and new enhancements as I remember all the things I've done and do stuff 
We call our coach "Charlie Brown"

TripleJ

That looks great!  All these freshly painted rigs are really making me jealous.  Im hoping I can freshen mine up this summer with some carefully applied rattlecan magic... She's looking pretty 50/50 lately  :( (looks good from 50 feet or 50mph...)
'85 Holiday Rambler Presidential '28

pvoth1111

Rattlecan magic is achieved by using a can holder sprayer and by useing high quality paint which lets you adjust your spray pattern as shown below.....Quality manufactures have spent lots of money on their formulas and nozzle technology.   

Oz

Krylon Fusion works well bonding to the surfaces.  I used it on a couple automotive projects.  One major flaw I found.  It faded terribly after the first summer.  I hope they've improved it since then, otherwise, you'll be very disappointed in a short time, especially when the FL summer sun gets on it.  My suggestion would to be to use the Fusion as a base and paint over it with regular enamel.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Rickf1985

Can I get some info on your side window awning/shades? That is the same exact rig as mine and I see a couple things I would like to add to mine. One is the shades and the other is the hydraulic levelers. I doubt the levelers will happen but the shade I hope will.

pvoth1111

The awnings are all A&E the jacks are HWH both were on it when I bought it......thank goodness ;)

As far as the paint if it fades ill keep touching it up....it cant look any worse than before the new paint....as long as it looks good from 10ft away and is clean then its all good :)ThmbUp

pvoth1111

Quote from: Marinetoflyboy on December 08, 2014, 06:38 PM
Edit

Meaning to say I'D like to see a rig as ugly as mine on this forum  NOT implying u have an ugly rig.  :)ThmbUp

why I otta....put em up....put em up....

I knew what ya meant.....or did I Hm?

tiinytina

May want to just consider vinyl for the stripes... the newer stuff is 10-15 yr color fade resistant... if applied correctly lasts a long time...  I use that plastic fusion on a few things.. does fade but never peels at least....
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!