Change is good.

Started by DonD, September 21, 2014, 10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M & J

M & J

Froggy1936

Hey Don you know the rule It aint happening without pics  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

sasktrini

Sounds awesome, DonD!   :)ThmbUp
Corey aka sasktrini

Rickf1985

Judging from your specs you are not planning to do much boondocking or camping away from electric or water I am guessing. With a vehicle of that size I would have gone for at least 100 gallons of water and more waste capacity. I notice that almost allmof your appliances are electric, that ten gallons of gas will go quick to keep all of that going. Not criticizing, just observations. Then again, I grew up roaming the deserts and backwoods so you can see where my priorities lie. W% :D :D
Oh, As a lineman I would guess your Onan's were mounted up high and out of the road grime, salt, mud, stones. You will want a waterproof box. otherwise you will be spending a lot of time diagnosing problems.

DonD

Our trips are 4 nights avg.

We researched this very thoroughly and chose this bus because it's only about 27 feet and has the gear mentioned.
We love lots of short trips, one every month medical issues permitting. A 40 foot bus would have had room for large tanks and such but then add my 20 foot car trailer and I'm too big for many CGs and NPs. True we do not boondock much but with this less overhang rig, more off hwy. maybe possible.
The bus has 2 AC systems tucked under the floor plus the usual air tanks and plumbing, limiting the room available. All but the waste tanks are inside under the bed, leaving the interior very open.

The elec. items need little run time. The WH=40-50 min. The toaster oven....not much. The rest have a propane alternates.

5.9 Cummins, 3:54 ratio diff will give us almost double the MPG of our SW.

The 2 Kool 4 Skool Bus is our Goldilocks rig.
Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

DonD

"I plan on some sort of deflector at least."
Don and Mary

Rickf1985

I forgot that this was a short bus, I was thinking loooong bus with tons of room. That is an excellent rear gear, what transmission is in it? Must be something with a low first gear.

DonD

Allison 545, non OD unfortunately.
Don and Mary

DonD

Hooked up the sink drain to the shower drain and added muffler to Onan. Next grey to holding tank.

Pics are coming.
Don and Mary

M & J

You know the rules Don...
M & J

pvoth1111

Yea I was to get an mental picture of what you are talking about....but no pics ???
We call our coach "Charlie Brown"

cosmic

I cant make heads or tails of it without the pics.  W% W%

Rickf1985

That is not a bad trans. 3:45 first and a 5:03 reverse give good grunt for maneuvering around the site and you can get lower stall convertors for them to lower your rpm at cruise. Borderline in the strength department on a large vehicle, rated to 30,000 lbs. but that is best case scenario. Treat it well and make sure it has a large cooler on it and it should be good. The first thing I would do is get an oil sample after running it for a bit and send it off for analysis. That will tell you the true story on the condition of the trans as you got it.

DonD

Don and Mary

M & J

Ok. I see pics...... Guess it all did happen..

Very nice work Don.   :)ThmbUp
M & J

Rickf1985

Very nice. I can't believe the whole floor is E-track rail! I would be using that to lock stuff in. How long is that?

pvoth1111

We call our coach "Charlie Brown"

DonD

OK, got cancelled by Progressive for the 3rd time!

Have a broker working in it.
Don and Mary

DonD

Through the wall AC in and working. needs to be sealed and trimmed.

Have an agent from Nat. Gen. and one from Farm Bureau working on ins. for me.
Don and Mary

DonD

Got an OK from N.G. still waiting on F.B.   :)clap
Don and Mary

DonD

Sighed with AZ Farm Bureau, cars, house, bus..  Bus $116 for good limit liability.    :)clap
Don and Mary

DonD

Don and Mary

M & J

M & J

DonD

Recliners and floor lamp in and ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

TV is on the opposing wall.
Don and Mary

M & J

Whats the bungee cord for Don?
M & J