Crossing the Canadian border with an RV (food???)

Started by yvan, September 15, 2014, 03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yvan

When crossing the Canada/Us border, do the king people protecting us from mutual invasion care about the contents of the fridge and cupboards? Are we potentially creating an international incident if we have some home made spaghetti sauce in the freezer and some home made cookies in the pantry. We went on a "no where" this week-end, but shied away from crossing the border because of the above mentioned articles and some fresh from the garden veggies. 
Yvan

Proud Eyebrow RV owner since 2014

Lefty

Might want to read the actual Rules and Regulations from the source on it.
There are far too many to list here.

Entering the US from Canada or Mexico:
http://www.cbp.gov/travel/international-visitors/kbyg/prohibited-restricted

Entering Canada from the US:
http://www.inspection.gc.ca/food/information-for-consumers/travellers/what-can-i-bring-into-canada-/eng/1389648337546/1389648516990

These are the Official Government pages for each customs agency.

Note: ALL Countries have specific rules about pets. All require current documentation showing immunizations and vaccines, but which ones are required varies by country. Some require the pet stay in "quarantine" for a period of time before entry is allowed. Be sure to check with the Customs Agency of the country you will be entering (and also the one you will be returning to) before travelling with pets. You don't want to go across the border, and then have the pet held for 30 days when you return (or worse, have the pets entry denied because you lack the required documentation).. because you didn't think to check first.

I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

yvan

Yvan

Proud Eyebrow RV owner since 2014

LJ-TJ

Lauren and I go back and forth to Port Huron Mi. quite a bit. I can never keep track what you can and what you can't take over or bring back. So we don't. Food is so cheep State side we just pick up the required supplies when we get there and make sure we eat what ever we have left over when we come back to the border to come home. That way when Customs asks and we say nothing we breeze through.