My Journey to bring a Vintage RV back from the DEAD!

Started by NottooldNottoyoung, September 12, 2014, 11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brians1969

I reversed 411 the number and it  comes up in Gainsville, FL.

NottooldNottoyoung

NottooldNottoyoung

NottooldNottoyoung

I have googled and have came up with nothing! Looking for any info on a 1973 Chevy Vista Queen motor home

http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/rvs/4713501720.html

73WinnieIndian

Coming in way late on this conversation, but we have gone through this more than once. The checklist for buying is awesome. The advise her is so valuable. Better to be patient and find a good vehicle than be in a hurry because you are excited. The first Winnie we bought was a mess. Inside and out and it was a money bucket. We loved it, but it needed so much work.
Also, there is another website that will allow you to put your search criteria for craigslist in it and it will flag you as soon as a new item is posted. This gives you the one up, if you check your emails. We got our second Winnie that way.  Also, try to get better pictures before driving all the way out there if it is far. Nothing like an all day trip to see a rat infested coach that they said runs, but the engine parts are out of it. I could probably write a book or at least a long article on our experience with this.

With that said, there are also a lot of nice rigs out there that the people are downsizing, need money, dealing with an estate and they just don't have the room to store it.

We were looking for an RV that hadn't had someone living in it full time for years to where they are all beat inside. Not saying all lived in coaches are this way, but many out here are trashed from Uncle so and so living in it, smoking and not cleaning it. Others were sitting and like I said, rat infested, covered in pigeon poop, parts missing, etc.

So patience is so important to find a good deal.