Rear suspension sags lower on one side

Started by ClassCKing, August 12, 2014, 11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClassCKing

before our last trip i noticed that my rig was leaning to the passenger side.thought maybe it was because the water tank was full.the new generator and being loaded.or the way i was setting in the drive.the wife was following in her truck and noticed when i turned right there was more lean.got home, unloaded,made sure we were level,still lean.anyway,enough back ground..did some searching on the site found others with the same problem..read where some went to air bags.fix the lean,over all ride of the coach etc;...i check the rear springs to make sure nothing was broke(spring,bolts,clamps).bushings look like their in good shape..not rotted or split..im about 2 1/2 inches lower on the passenger side from the drivers side..i installed new hijacker air shocks last year thought one of them broke, nope,working like a champ..called around to price new springs or to have them rearched..ever hear a grown man cry :'( :'( ,and that was with the price...so ive decided to go with air bags for the rear and while im at it the front..found the rear for around 300$(air lift57295 loadlifter 5000 series rear air spring kit)..front(firestone w237606023 coil rite individual bag)..read what people have said on the site and talk to a couple of people at work that have them on their trailers or vehicle.ther is pros and cons..now since ive rambled for a few..the front is pretty straight  forward..but on the rear my concern is this..i know that with the air bags i can adjust them at different pressure to raise one side a little more than the other to level out and still have a good ride,even with being loaded..where the spring on that side is sagging a little,could the bushings be damaged on that side or the other side for that matter if i compensate for the leaning side ?air system is new territory for me,trying  to weight all options before i put out the money or damage something that will be more...thanx..
fishn.hikin,etc; rvin hat

eXodus

You should use a period now and then.

I would get it weighted every wheel separate. Then you know whats up.

Oz

I changed the title of this topic because it really doesn't have anything to do with airbags.  It has to do with possible complications of the difference in the sag on each side.

If you do have a question about air bags, add it to one of the existing topics you found.

:)ThmbUp
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

76minnie

So you're going to replace front shock with coil rite? Is that ok?
Is your chassis MB400?