Installing Musical Horns?

Started by HandyDan, August 23, 2014, 10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HandyDan

Two years ago my kids gave me a set of musical horns that supposedly play the Star Trek theme (like on the movie "RV").  I had no idea how to install them and they have just sat in the box, but every time the kids come over they want to know why I haven't put them on the motorhome yet.  Although there is a lot of room in front of the radiator, I just don't know what hard points to fasten them to.  Has anybody ever mounted such a thing?  There are 6 red plastic horns and a compressor.
Dan
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

Wbago

Can mount them anywhere theyll fit, really, better to be facing forward usually, also will depend on the fittings supplied, might have to make or modify something to suit your positioning  .... really youll want to fit a switch on the dash to switch between those and the 'normal' horn, nice to have the choice .... mine are fitted behind the grill, lots of room .. :D

DonD

Use a relay unless you're using the stock horn circuit and it has a relay. Use big ga. wire to get max volume.
Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

HandyDan

It came with a relay, but no wires of any kind. 
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

xerofall

Simple if you know wiring. Branch off from any 12 volt power and wire up a momentary horn button to interrupt the power. The most important thing to remember is to point the horns downward so no water can pool inside of them.