My turn to replace the generator fuel line

Started by DonD, August 14, 2014, 03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonD

Sitting at space 1 in the Lynx Lake AZ campground (no H.U.), the gen began to ...surge...stumble...die. Crap, the hose that looked/felt OK has failed. A run to NAPA for some 5/16 fuel line and WM for a 5 gal gas can and we were back in business. Now at home I can open the floor hatch and pull the new line in with the old and should be good to go.

Feeding from the gas can on the ground, the gen surges just a little bit with no load, turn on the AC and it smooth's right out. Maybe time for a plug change or.......

Here's our camp.

Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

DonD

New line in, all smooth as a baby's butt, no surge, fires right up even better than before. Tiny hole in the old hose right at the tank fitting.
Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

Stripe

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

DaveVA78Chieftain

Ahh, now breath easy and have another cold one.
[move][/move]

ClydesdaleKevin

Mine is still wonky after replacing the line.  It works great as long as I start the engine (the coach engine) first to prime the line, since it tees off of the return line.  If I've been sitting a while, even with all new hoses, it will run great for a while, but then go kaput.  If I start the RV engine and let it run for a few minutes, the genny runs just fine indefinitely.  Not a big fan of the way HR engineering the fuel plumbing to our genny on our rig.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.