Diagnosing rear view cameras

Started by Rickf1985, August 07, 2014, 07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickf1985

I have a wireless rear view camera system on my RV that was there when I bought it. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. The monitor will give a message of "no signal" and a blue screen. There is power to the rear camera and the camera warms up over time. When it is working there seems to be interference whether the engine is running or not. Moving the antenna helps a bit but all I can do with it is rotate it from up to down and an arc of roughly 200 degrees. Same with the rear camera. Playing with that antenna when it is working does not seem to make much difference. It acts like the issues are from the monitor. All I can find on as an identifier is on the camera it say's it is a 2.4 GHz frequency, no brand name. Monitor has four channels and is works on channel four. Any ideas on how to diagnose this system to see which part is bad? A whole new system is rather pricey, especially for the amount I use it.

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

pvoth1111

maybe a pic would someone id it
We call our coach "Charlie Brown"

M & J

Ok, ok......

Most wireless cameras uses 2.4 gHz to transmit the signal.. But so do baby monitors, cordless phones and most older wireless internet routers.

So, your camera system should have selectable channels to avoid interference. Find the switch, ot a setup and try different channels to clear the signal.
M & J