Silly question, but where is the Brake reservoir - 1969 D22 (318 I believe)?

Started by Takenover83, July 03, 2013, 01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takenover83

I can't seem to find it. Googling said something about it may be around the driver wheel well? But I can't seem to find it.
Anyone know where it's at?

Oz

Google don't know what CWVRV know - LOL!

Look behind your driver's side front wheel, up, close to the driver's floor pan.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Takenover83

Found it lol. Looks pretty dry. I popped the cap off, stuck my finger down there, and barely got anything on me. But gesh, how am I going to get fluid in there? What a pain.

M & J

Got a similar problem with our classic VW. I use a turkey baster.
M & J

Takenover83

I had the same idea, ;p
Next idea was drilling a hole in the floor and sticking a funnel down there. But a turkey baster will likely work just fine.

ibdilbert01

Some of the guys do just that, drill a hole, then install a boat access cover for future checks.    I just use my finger.

http://www.nauticexpo.com/prod/barton-marine/boat-access-trapdoors-21810-52030.html
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

LJ-TJ

I went to the dollar general and bought one of those ketchup or mustard squirters filled it with brake fluid and away she went. D:oH! My spell check ain't working.. :)rotflmao

DaveVA78Chieftain

I am also a finger kind of guy.  Lucky there is still enough space above the MC to pour in fluid though
[move][/move]

Oz

I also used my finger... but, I also closed my eyes and imagined I could see and be one with the master cylinder (I still find some things from my "pshycadelic days" useful).

There was also enough room to carefully tip the bottle and fill mine but, I also thought about one of those squeeze bottles with the bent "straw" in the top like they use in sports to drink water.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca