New PD4060 Power Control Center install.

Started by Mickey7, November 02, 2017, 01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickey7

I received my new PD4060 Power Control Center from Best Converter and now need to find some instructions on how to take the old unit a 1987 Fleetwood Bounder 27' Progressive Dynamics converter.  Does anyone know where I can get instructions.  I guess I could get in touch with Best Converter and see what they have.
Thanks
Michael

Rickf1985

Randy can walk you through it but number one thing to remember is disconnect ALL power, everything. Take the ground wires off of ALL of the batteries in the vehicle and make darn sure the power cord to the house is unplugged. You want now power to the panel at all before you start.

CapnDirk

I've had mine apart, in the past, very easy.  As Rick said, disconnect all power (110 and 12) sources.  The lower unit is the charger/converter.  Take a picture of the fuse block as a backup to color code, and observe the label (assuming they filled it out at the factory) to see which fuse is powering what as well as the breakers.  Mark the white 110 wires going out with some tape as to what they feed.

In a nutshell, you have 110 coming in, and 12 coming in.  You would probably want to hook those up first.  110 goes to the main breaker which feeds the others, 12 coming in feeds the fuse block which has a buss (one side feeds all fuses, the other side of the particular fuse feeds something in the coach.  They are both the same thing, just layed out differently.

This may help but does not show the entire unit being replaced (if that is what you are doing).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg7UxbExH44&t=740s
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

"I say we nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure"

Mickey7

Thanks Guys, for sending me to Randy at Best Converters.  I'll be updating this with pictures.

Michael
Mike
Mickey

CapnDirk

That would be appreciated, and many people will be doing the same so any help you give back is great.  :)ThmbUp
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

"I say we nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure"

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

Mickey7

OK, I've been under the weather for awhile and am now ready to attack this PD4060 Power Control Center.  Only problem is there is only one video on YouTube about this and it's in a Tiny Home and the guy never really shows how he installed it.
First problem is a huge ground wire coming from somewhere that was attached to the back of the metal frame of the original unit.  My new PD4060 has a plastic frame so where do I reconnect that "HUGE" ground wire.  If anyone knows of a demo video I could watch of an actual install of a PD4060 that would be great.
Thanks again and I will be putting some installation pictures up for this..

Mickey7

DaveVA78Chieftain

The huge wire - Depends on where it is coming from.  If battery "neg" lead then it goes to battery neg lead post.  If from the RV frame, then attach a pigtail (solder) to it and connect to ground buss bar (green wire).
[move][/move]