1989 superchief converter location

Started by jeff ridenour, July 28, 2021, 03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff ridenour

1989 superchief d/XL wjm40rq not sure if i just cant find my converter or if someone removed it before i got it.
the manual said in with the battery's under entry step but only battery's and shut off solenoid there with no 110ac, also breaker panel in bedroom
is just the breakers and 12 volt panel in bathroom is resetable breakers with nothing behind it. any helpful ideas will help. thanks

Oz

I can't inagine why someone would remove the converter without replacing it, but it IS possible.  If the manual gives the location, that's where it should be.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

jeff ridenour

I agree but if it was in the battery compartment shouldn't it also have 110 ac there? i followed the wires up into the coach but didn't see any 110 ac line.
i guess my next thing to do is start tracing all the 110 lines to see if i missed something. thank you though

Oz

Trace the shore power line back from the plug on the body.

jeff ridenour

not sure if there is a better place to post this but for any other owners of the 1989 superchief 40 foot.
the converter is located in the basement under the queen bed in front of the central vacuum unit.
behind a 4 foot semi square shield.the power outlet is hard to get to.
its forward of the generator and hope your skinny cause it is tight. good luck

Oz

I found there are a LOT of times when being small and skinny is a big plus when working on these old RVs.
:)rotflmao