Overhead Bed Removal / New Entertainment Center

Started by WrigleysBraveWin, August 16, 2017, 05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WrigleysBraveWin

Looking for help - design ideas ...... Considering the removal of the overhead sleeping area and installing a flat panel tv /  speakers and perhaps some storage areas .... We have both AC / DC and Antenna right in front so no issue on power .....
Today is the youngest you'll ever be!

Rickf1985

Being the type of person that likes to always leave everything original and considering the immaculate condition of your coach one side of me screams NOOOO! But then again, most coaches have the entertainment systems up there and if you do not need the sleeping arrangements then go for it. Just keep in mind you might take a hit when it comes time to sell if there is not room for at least four to sleep.

WrigleysBraveWin

Rick, I totally agree with original, i am into origina. I DO NOT WANT something that is stuck on ..... the bed was an option and the space is very valuable so I'm trying to keep "original" as close as possible .... as for resale, this coach won't be resold, I'm a keeping for balance of my life span - both wife and I just love it .... this winter I maybe in Arizona where I've got a shop lined up to replace the decals, as close to original as we can get.

WrigleysBraveWin

Couple pics from brochure of area with TV / Cabinets .... The two black areas right/left of tv must be for access? And yea, I am concerned about dropping the bed, appears the hinge has some sort of seal over bolt areas that I need to remove before I can get at the bolts. Now wife and I are considering just leaving bed, remove mattress and make shelf TV area whereas you would lower Bed and have TV pop up and use as a shelf for the Tv and remaining area for you DVD and other electronics - speakers. Only issue we have is it takes two men and a boy to lift the darn bed back into closed position.

CapnDirk

What about remove the mattress, put flat screen tv there laying down on an articulating tv mount turned sideways?  Lower bed platform and tilt tv up. Also might put the tv at a better viewing height.  A soundbar and you got a nice system.
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

"I say we nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure"

WrigleysBraveWin

Quote from: CapnDirk on August 17, 2017, 10:31 AM
What about remove the mattress, put flat screen tv there laying down on an articulating tv mount turned sideways?  Lower bed platform and tilt tv up. Also might put the tv at a better viewing height.  A soundbar and you got a nice system.
Mattress is already removed  - flyrods and fishing gear now in the space but design area for TV and other electronics such as DVD, etc as you now have a large flat area to work with .... maybe even have tv do a partial drop down in front of bed? Power both ac / dc and antenna are in front of Coach in upper area center making hookup very easy

Would like to see pics of Area with tv option shown in catalog brochures if anyone has a Unit with the tv cabinets verses the drop bed?

Bill Hime

I do agree with Rick, your rig is beautiful. With that said, whatever you choose is right for you! My Chief is undergoing a rapid sequence of upgrades and repairs at the moment. I've decided to remove the drop-down bed as well.
I find it rather cumbersome to get in to the Captains seat and that extra head room will be great. I already have plans for that being an entertainment/digital information center... that will be in the distant future...But I am removing it for our soon departure to Colorado  :)

Bill
And the journey begins....!

WrigleysBraveWin

Quote from: Bill Hime on August 17, 2017, 10:18 PM
I do agree with Rick, your rig is beautiful. With that said, whatever you choose is right for you! My Chief is undergoing a rapid sequence of upgrades and repairs at the moment. I've decided to remove the drop-down bed as well.
I find it rather cumbersome to get in to the Captains seat and that extra head room will be great. I already have plans for that being an entertainment/digital information center... that will be in the distant future...But I am removing it for our soon departure to Colorado  :)

Bill

Would love to see pics of the removal .... We are considering leaving and using the shelf for the entertainment area but that plan has two issues .... First one is lowering and lifting the darn thing isn't easiest task and second is when lowered you kinda loose the two front seating areas. Have fun in Colorado!