Schmitti's '76 Winnebago

Started by Schmitti, July 18, 2014, 08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schmitti

So, yesterday bought and picked up. It has become a Four Winds built of 2000 with Workhorse chassis. It is powered by a very economical V8 gasoline engine. But I really do not know if the RV here belongs to the forum.

Thomas
Understeer is when you see the tree, if you'll take. Oversteer is when you only hear him on impact.

LJ-TJ

Weeeeeelll, Hm? Your an RV. I guess. D:oH! :)rotflmao yeah your welcome here any time. We all make mistakes we won't hold it against you. :)rotflmao Merry Christmas Schmitti.

Rickf1985

It's an RV and it is 17 years old, That's a classic so I vote that it belongs. (A 2000 that is 17 years old! That is depressing! I am ancient!!!)

Congratulations on the new home, I certainly hope you do not have to do anywhere near as much work on this one and you can get to exploring the country.

Schmitti

If Oz decide whether I can bring you there RV in a certain category. I would like to make no mistake or negative. :-[

Basically, I could use it directly. :)ThmbUp  Also a fresh Street Legal exam was already :) ... but I would like to renovate or upgrade various components. W%

Thomas
Understeer is when you see the tree, if you'll take. Oversteer is when you only hear him on impact.

joanfenn

Oz

Anyone wishing to be a part of our community is welcome! The home page description is for pre-1990 RVs because that's about where the technology really changed from the previous decades and our forum and resources have been built and grown around this era.

We've had members with 2000 RVs and newer, but the knowledge and resources for them is nearly nil here since it's not really our focus so it's only logical that they quickly discover that we don't have the member expertise and experience nor the resources to support them and they become inactive (very closely followed by those with models from the 1990s).

To fully accommodate the newer years would require an extensive expansion of the site and its scope, which although is certainly possible, it changes the very nature of the community from classic and vintage to a generic, all-inclusive community, which would take away our niche with those RVs of yesteryear.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

LJ-TJ

Rick your not ancient  :( your a flip'n fossil. :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao

CapnDirk

Are you talking about motorhomes, or girlfriends?   :)rotflmao
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

"I say we nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure"

M & J

M & J

Schmitti

Hey, hello - do not argue about me N:( :(

I can understand Oz decision. He has a beautiful RV forum, which is specialized in the older models. It is perfectly clear to me that I can not get any resources on the technology here. For me it would have been more about the beautiful community.
As long as there is no own thread about newer RV's, I'll respect Oz decision. I will still stay here (as long as I can) and get as good as I can.
My experiences with the Winni were nice and extensive. So I think I can be helpful to the community.

Thomas

M & J

M & J

LJ-TJ

Woah,Woah Woah STOP THE TRUCK. BACK UP A MOMENT. I don't think that's what Mark ment. I stand to be corrected but I interpreted what Mark was said was we don't currently have a lot of support information on NEWER RV. We have tons of stuff on the old rigs but I've never seen a whole lot of information on the Newer stuff. Geeeeeezzzzssss Schmitti don't be going any where. Your just fine here. It's just that you will probable the new guy in town with a newer rig that everyone will be looking to for help. You'll be the guy that will be helping us gather and archive information on newer rigs. Geeeeeezzz slow down a bit Lads. i?? D:oH!   

CapnDirk

I think there are some good points made, and perhaps emotions are a little high right now.

Mark did a favor to so many, and we have a forum and a great deal of info that is not available elsewhere.  As an example, when the forum was down recently and I was Googling my heater problem about 70% of the hits directed to this site,  No one wanted to do it and as Rick kind of pointed out, the older rigs are of little interest to most, and there is a growing need for self support on say 1990 to 2000.  Perhaps in the future, someone like Mark will start a site that's "Welcome to Semi classic Winnebago's with delaminating side skins"   :)ThmbUp , or maybe Mark will further divide this place to accommodate.  Whatever happens, it gets build by the community in reality.

One of the things that Mark has indirectly pointed out is that the FOCUS here has lent to a compact and easy to search site for information on these older rigs.  We have all been to the other huge sites with in your face advertising, and finding usable information is a needle in a haystack, and the BAD information increases exponentially given the huge number of people.

If I post information or a request here someone answers.  The other sites, not so. and I am grateful.

And remember.  This Christmas give the gift that keeps giving.  A long haired un-spayed cat.
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

ClydesdaleKevin

Stick around Schmitti!!!  As Mark said, you are quite welcome here and having a newer rig doesn't exclude you.  We like your posts, and we look forward to hearing about your adventures with your 2000 RV!  And seeing lots of pictures!!!

And remember...although the engine system will be different with computers and fuel injection and whatnot...the rest of the RV is just like the older ones!  AC is the same.  Generator is the same in principle.  Hot water heat is the same.  Furnace is the same.  Refrigerator is the same. 

And here is the big question.  Are you going to put the duck on the new RV?  :D

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Oz

Schmitti,

I was being as honest as I can about our ability to help you with your newly acquired RV and the scope of this forum.

And the most important point, is as I said, of course you are welcome to stay.

Although our ability to help you is extremely limited, you have a world of knowledge to share with others and you've been as much a part of our community family as anyone.  I hope it will continue.

:) :)ThmbUp
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

TerryH

And here is the big question.  Are you going to put the duck on the new RV?  :D

Kev
[/quote]

Thomas
I think we all want to see more of the duck!
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

Schmitti

Maybe it was due to my bad English but I as a person never had to leave you. In the past 3 years I have been able to gain intensive experience with the Winni. These experiences I can still bring in since they were sold with the sale, not with.

The Four Winds is not a Winnebago or a classic or even both. There is no subforum for such a vehicle and therefore (still) it does not belong here. This I respect.

... yes, the duck also comes on this car. However, I still do not know exactly where the Fourwinds has no nose.

Thomas

LJ-TJ

We have in the pass been known to make exceptions to the Rules. Looks like everyone here is making you the exception. So keep your boney bum right were it is. I'm sure Mark will make a spot for your rig on the forums. :P :D :) :)rotflmao :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp

CapnDirk

Schmitti:  The chassis on most stayed the same for years and years.  The only big improvement for decades was fuel injection.  As someone pointed out, the appliances have not changed (stove, furnace, oven refrigerator) And now that I think of it the manufacturers must have enjoyed that.  About the only way you can tell the age on a motorhome is the different body they stuck on it  :) 

ClydesdaleKevin

I think the duck would look great right above the center front marker light, just where your top fiberglass slopes back to the roof.  :D

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

LJ-TJ

Shoot I'd build a bracket and mount it right were you mounted it on the old Winnebago. Right in the center where the hood would be on a real motor home :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao Come on I'm just kidding.

Schmitti

In memory of a nice time, the Winni will always go along in the future ;) :)

Thomas

ClydesdaleKevin

Quote from: Schmitti on January 04, 2017, 03:28 AM
In memory of a nice time, the Winni will always go along in the future ;) :)

Thomas

Nice!  Now about that duck...

Kev

Schmitti

M & J

WHAT?!?!? Oh. He said duck. Never mind.......
M & J