1976 Winnebago D21 Brave complete rennovation

Started by rude-a-bego, April 19, 2013, 10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rude-a-bego

Slow weekend.
I pulled the LP tanks and the plastic shroud today.  1 tank is over half full!  Score!  The other is pretty low.
The plastic shroud has a few cracks and is warped from PO doing some kind of jacked up modification.  They trimmed a part of the door flange which allowed the water to soak into the piece of press board spacer that looked to be part of the original install.  6 inches of tin and 4 rivets will fix right up.

No damage to the metal base.  This will just be a mater of fixing the cracks, reinforcing the shroud and having the tanks tested.

TTFN

[smg id=5145]

Rudy  ,':{ Ì´

Stripe

So, not heard from ya in a while, how goes the renovation??
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Mytdawg

Man that looks just like mine.  Except mine is probably in worse shape.   :-[   I'm just trying to make it mechanically reliable.  I have serious doubts that I'll ever get the urge to gut it and start over.  I'll probably take what works and live without the rest.  At least for the time being.  I believe the three interior "designer" colors in 76 were Mustard, Cumquat (that's the orange, I swear) and of course the old standby Avocado.  Don't know why they didn't have a Harvest Gold.

So I'm doing my refurb vicariously while you do yours.   W%

LJ-TJ

:)rotflmao I'm going to let you in on a little secret. There is no such thing as just make it mechanically reliable with these old girls because first you get attached to them. Once you get her mechanically reliable and are sitting around on a camp out with a cold beer the next thing you know you know you have to tinker. You have to fix this or modify that and the next thing you know your fix'n her up. There like hot rods. There never done. :)clap

M & J

M & J

rude-a-bego

I have been on the road for quite a while; F-N job!

Anyway, I have most of the passenger side wall cleaned, patched and the wood replaced.

Additioanlly, I have been working on bringing the windows up to date.

Just posted a little bit about my latest efforts.  http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php/topic,7959.msg37876.html#msg37876

Peace,
Rudy
Rudy  ,':{ Ì´

James E Vining

Nice, this also gave me Topics I need to ask that I had forgotten about like window replacements, LPG tank Test inspection  yadda yadda yadda.
Great project I look forward to seeing more.

khantroll

rude-a-bego,

Can you describe your wall repair? I'm doing research to before I tear into mine. The book says to drop the sides as it seems you have done. Any information you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Oz

This place has them.
Message search "window replacement".
A slight modification is needed on one seal.  Just trimming.

http://www.steelerubber.com/camper-rv
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca