SITE UPDATE

Started by Oz, September 26, 2022, 01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oz

THE WEBSITE WILL BE OFF-LINE SOMETIME IN THE FIRST WEEK OF OCTOBER FOR MIGRATION TO NEW WEB HOST AND PROGRAM UPDATES.

It should take a day or two. Some site features may not be availabe immediately.

Thanks for your patience and support!

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

LJ-TJ

:)ThmbUp Hey Mark....Thanks for all you do for us. Most know how much work it  takes to do what you do and appreciate it. Thanks

Oz

Oz

The site is on-line, finally, and updated but obviously, I have a lot to do....

Eyez Open

:)ThmbUp like new shoes it's the initial break in period that sets the tone.

Schmitti

The new site loocks nice  :)clap Thanks for your Work Oz  :)ThmbUp

Thomas
Understeer is when you see the tree, if you'll take. Oversteer is when you only hear him on impact.

Oz

:laugh:   It looks broken but, I'm working on it.  Most important things first, and then aesthetics but, the way it looks now is how it will continue to look.  Just need to fill in a lot of blanks.  ;)

eXodus

New site looks good  :)clap

I like this forum Plattform. Hope it's going to be supported for a while so that all your work is good many years to come.

Oz

Quote from: eXodus on November 27, 2022, 05:34 AMNew site looks good  :)clap

I like this forum Plattform. Hope it's going to be supported for a while so that all your work is good many years to come.

Actually, it's the same one we've had since we had to find a home after MSN groups shut down.
It's just the latest version and I'm minimizing the customizing of it to keep it neat and clean!

Mlw

Well, to be honest, I liked the coloring like it was way better then this. It's all a bit to bright for my taste.

But that's personal of course, but would like to hint that i at least wouldn't mind to go back to the "original" colors after the bugs are fixed  :grin:  :cool:  :grin:

But first things first and let's get the site functioning like ik should first and take whatever time is needed for it Mark. I'm with ya every step (and time) it takes.

Oz

To be honest, I liked it better too.  I spent a LOT of time going into the program files to change the colors as well as downloading images, backgrounds etc. so Dave Bailey could create the HTML in order to present the custom pages which, combined all together, really made this site stand apart from others.
However, even before the site had to be migrated, my error log was riddled with background errors due to the aging of the old version I was using and it would literally take a wizard to correct them.  I've gotten pretty good at this over the years but, there's a lot I don't know and I really had no choice but to do a major upgrade and that overwrites all the files I customized.

Having said all that, with what I've learned, I may do some customizing.  The thing is, it seems a lot of people these days like bland, run-of-the-mill presentation of things.  Like houses done in all white ang gray. Like "creativity" is too much.  I don't really know but, I think there's a happy medium to be found and, once I get all the pieces of this puzzle put back together, I'll try to find it.
 :azn:

DaveVA78Chieftain

Administrators work is never done  :cool:

:)ThmbUp  :)ThmbUp  :)clap  :)clap

Dave
[move][/move]

Oz

Currently, all pre-migration uploaded attachments, avatars and the gallery images are unviewable.  I know what the problem is and am working on the fix.

Oz

A new color theme has been installed. Shades of brown

Please let me know if you can see it.thanks

Elandan2

Yes Mark, I find the new colour more pleasing to the eyes. Thanks for all your effort, it is really appreciated.
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

Oz

Great to hear that, Rick! Not too fancy, not too plain. Very glad you approve. I think the phone version is a great improvement too!

Mlw

yep, seeing the new colors and liking it  :)clap  :)clap  :)clap

Beachinbago73

Oz I still can't view pictures that members are posting. I went through the settings but didn't see anything that would help resolve it on my end.

Mlw

yes, we all have this problem, so you are not alone.

we just have to hope that Oz finds the solution soon. Let's just hope he finds the solution without him plucking his eyebrows as he told me that he allready pulled out all the hairs he had left to get the site up and running again. ;)  ;)  ;)

It is what it is at the moment. I'm allready glad we have the forum back online again, so thank you again Oz for all your hard work.

Moving on the internet always gives problems. Trust me I know.....

Eyez Open

I've noticed when uploading a pic you also have to insert the pic into the post. Yes I have a insert tab asking me to do so after the up load.

Now as to these threads building top down that is indeed strange.The new forum is quite nice all in well done I must say.

Beachinbago73

I'm assuming the "top down" you are referring to is when you open up a thread you view the latest post first? That drove me nuts until I clicked the profile icon up top and went into the look and layout. That's where you can reverse it so you start from the beginning on the first page.

Mlw

Eyez Open

Quote from: 73winnebrave on February 01, 2023, 07:24 AMI'm assuming the "top down" you are referring to is when you open up a thread you view the latest post first? That drove me nuts until I clicked the profile icon up top and went into the look and layout. That's where you can reverse it so you start from the beginning on the first page.

Ahh thank you. Recently ive pulled my subfloor up and found a major speed bump....Rust everywhere. I've been meaning to post my bandaids for critical commentary but posting backwards only furthers the brain damage...I shall visit tools section and smooth things out. LMAO I am becoming a bit temperamental.