RV tips for people with physical limitations 5 roof leak repair

Started by acenjason, January 30, 2015, 08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acenjason

This is a video that I made about fixing the roof on my 1975 D21 Brave.

RV tips for people with physical limitations 5 roof leak repair:

http://youtu.be/iQcxJQVAWaQ

sasktrini

Good job!  Enjoyed that. 

I agree that duct tape should be in the tool kit.
Corey aka sasktrini

acenjason

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Rickf1985

$100.00 a gallon and a gallon only covers 100 Sq. Ft.!!!!! So a person with a 32 ft. rig is going to need 4 gallons!!! $400.00 plus tax and shipping.

sharon051266

What is RV MAJIC? I have a sagging aluminum roof I am working on.. it didn't have a plywood subroof just aluminum insulation then luan. Should it have plywood under the aluminum?
Tennessee Rockhound

Oz

OMG, YES! It should have plywood under the aluminum!!!!

That's a major part of the structural integrity of the.body.  plus, no way can you walk on the roof!!!

Whoever did that probably thought it was a good way to reduce weight, but wasn't fully aware of the ramifications.

???
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

ViviShelby

ViviShelby

We actually have been using Rv Roof Magic in our shop for years after trying all the others on the market particularly the elastomerics and such like Liquid Rubber nothing compares.  Their product you get about 50 sq ft per gallon.  This is very different than other "coatings" it is about 5 times thicker so basically you are getting a new roof.  A professional grade coating will get about 50-75 sq ft per gallon those getting 200 per gallon you should not even call it a coating it is more like a paint....and don't be surprised if it does not work.  We have had plenty customer come in after applying those acrylics and elastomerics needed not only a new coating but structural work because of the leak.