Oshkosh Elite 33' Frame

Started by john from OZ, April 22, 2022, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

john from OZ

Hi all, I have just about pulled the trigger on a 1990 Elite with Oshkosh 460 efi chassis and Tag rear.

There is evidence of a water leak in the middle, just outside the bathroom, can anyone tell me if these are aluminium or wood framed RV's? I cannot find any information on these...
It's a low mile unit, 52,000mls, but has done most of its miles as a live-in apartment, so the inside is showing a bit of wear, some of the switches for the lights are a bit intermittent and a few other electrical gremlins there for me to sort.
I will upload photos when it is in my driveway..
Cheers John
RV Newbe
460V8 petrol (guzzler?) yet to see... :)

Oz

Not sure about the framing composition but, it sounds like your electrical issues won't be too bad.  It's a plus that it was in constant use versus just sitting for a long time.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

john from OZ

OZ, yes electrical should be ok depending if replacement switches are needed, the RV has been sitting only since 2019, seems to run ok but need to go through all systems, I did see some wetness around the brake master cylinder so it will need attention, also there's some cracks on the tyre sidewalls, can hardly wait for it to be delivered.. :)

I did find this morsel of information, not sure of the accuracy..

"Yes these coaches were special order and were the step-child of
Hawkings Motor Coach (HMC) coaches. the major difference I have found is the HMC has aluminum wall/roof framing
and the Elite has 2x2 steel framing. Both had body and roof manufactured by Engineered Fiberglass Inc. Bloomingdale CA and used the same body molds.."

Cheers John
RV Newbe
460V8 petrol (guzzler?) yet to see... :)