Warning for outside US members: Forwarding adress companies.

Started by Mlw, November 15, 2021, 07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mlw

This is especially for those living outside the old United States of America.

I'm from Europe myself and always had a special place in my heart for US RV's because my family had one when I was 12. Certainly in those days the US RV's were way more comfortable then the European ones, and lets be honest, the sound of a roaring V8 overpowering every 4 cylinder Mercedes diesel engine over a 100 horses, beats them every time, however reliable those Mercedes engines are.

But with the years and emission regulations they become rare. Finding parts in Europe isn't easy an often very expensive and in most cases it means adding a zero behind prices of parts in the US, so a part of $13,= cost €130,= in Europe.

Luckily there are companies like Rock Auto and Napa, but at the moment you'll find that the costs of sending your order will match or over exceed the total value of your order. This is not the fault of Rockauto, but just the way things are at the moment.

In my case I made a large order from Rockauto. the items needed to be sent from seven different warehouses all over America to the Netherlands so sending an order $523.47 would have costed me $350 including taxes.

As i thought this was a bit steep, (foolish me) I thought, let's try a forwarding company, because shipping cost from one address in America should normally be cheaper than sending them from seven locations.

So I tried MyUS.com.......... a HUGE mistake!

Forwarding companies all have flashy websites promising you will save money. Maybe so with small single packages by NOT with large orders like mine. In my case I had to pay double the amount of the sending cost: $700,= without Tax!

What these flashy websites don't tell you is that they use formulas to calculate the "true" weight of your package. Because I ordered a tailpipe of $13,57 (which will cost over S200,= in Europe)  my package became overlarge adding 57 non existing LBS to the weight so I had to pay $500,= extra for a tailpipe of $13,57. You can enter your shipping credentials beforehand, but then they don't use the formula and tell you that they can send the order for $166,=

True Calculation happens  AFTER they have received all your items, and then of course they have you pretty much by your  $@!#@! Next to that they will overvalue you package over $200,= (eventough you included and invoice and prove of payment of your order). so you need to pay more tax. It has costed me dozens of hours and emails and 6 costumer service agents to finally rectify this.

After searching the website myself I luckily found the option to abandon the tailpipe reducing the sending cost to $160 dollars. Of course the 6 Costumer service agents didn't mention this option in their answers.

Phew, you think. Danger avoided. so you are going to make a shipping request.

Then you find out they didn't Calculate the taxes. $292,=

Then I was done. So I now mailed a Border expediter what It will cost to import the items in the Netherlands because I think you can understand I completely lost faith in this company that seems to exist since 1997.

Boy oh boy, what a sick world we are living in nowadays! even review sites seem not to be trustworthy because reviews were positive beforehand but now....

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/myus2.myus.com

AOBrodie

Mlw

It can get much worse. You guys wont believe how angry I am at myself for being so stupid and so naive.

This is how they treat customers that just ask for help to fix the problem.

Thank you for contacting us. I apologize for the inconvenience. As per checking, your one month free trial was over this is why you got charged $9.99 for the monthly membership fee for Premium. Kindly be advised that as stated in our Terms of Service:

The Member authorizes MyUS.com to charge his/her payment method for all services and/or account activity with MyUS.com. Such charges may include but are not limited to membership dues, shipping and handling charges, return/reroute fees, storage charges, late charges, and any optional services. Failure to provide payment for services rendered at the time of service may result in late charges, stop shipment charges, suspension of service, cancellation of membership, and involuntary return or the discarding of any remaining merchandise.

It is also stated in our sign up page that after the trial period, it will continue on a monthly plan.

Be assured, this all wasn't stated when signing up for a free trial, if it was I would never ever do business with this company for obvious reasons.

With other words, once you enter your creditcard details, they just delay answering your questions and fixing your problem "because of Covid" once you go over your limited holding time they can just charge whatever they want. I allready called my CC company and they say they can do nothing about it and I have to make a fraud case.

So question is, Can American companies really charge and keep charging whatever the want once you give them your CC details? what do CC holders do when you are not agreeing with the amount charged to your creditcard after the first charge.

skloon

I have yet to see a free trial that required cc info that didn't start charging- it would have been buried in the details somewhere

LJ-TJ

Sit down, strap in and hang on boy's you haven't seen anything yet. This is just the begining. Folks are so enamored with all this computer stuff, Alexa stuff, self parking cars. They've allowed common sents and good judgment evaporate.  Why would you give anybody for any reason your private information and not expect it to come back and bit you in the bum. Why would you allow anybody access to your bank account via your credit card. I know everybodies doing it. But if I jumped off the Empired State Building would you. D:oH!

TerryH

So I tried MyUS.com.......... a HUGE mistake!

Very similar practices should you ship USA to Canada via UPS.
USPS is great - Fedex and Loomis ok.

If you see a brown van with yellow lettering pull up hope to h@#l you have a fat wallet!
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

Mlw

Quote from: skloon on November 19, 2021, 11:35 AM
I have yet to see a free trial that required cc info that didn't start charging- it would have been buried in the details somewhere

Yep, you are absolutely right. As said very angry with myself and still kicking myself in the ... for this one.

The reason I did it because in Europe you have a double check. Company's can NEVER charge your creditcard until you click OK. For subscriptions there is specifically stated that you give OK for a repeated charge until you end the subscription. Even American companies dealing in Europe work this way (European law) and that is where I went wrong. Rock auto for example worked this way.

In America it works differently and that is my bad and also the reason I never had a credit card until one year ago. I just was way to naive believing good reviews and the shipping calculator MyUs uses before they have your order in their possession.

Won't be happening again, that's for sure. :-[ :-[ :-[

Mlw

Quote from: LJ-TJ on November 19, 2021, 07:06 PM
Sit down, strap in and hang on boy's you haven't seen anything yet. This is just the begining. Folks are so enamored with all this computer stuff, Alexa stuff, self parking cars. They've allowed common sents and good judgment evaporate.  Why would you give anybody for any reason your private information and not expect it to come back and bit you in the bum. Why would you allow anybody access to your bank account via your credit card. I know everybodies doing it. But if I jumped off the Empired State Building would you. D:oH!

I am totally agreeing with you. The only problem with ordering in America is that when you are ordering from Europe a credit card is about the only option that you can pay for your stuff.

Mlw

Quote from: TerryH on November 20, 2021, 05:11 AM

If you see a brown van with yellow lettering pull up hope to h@#l you have a fat wallet!

They are known for that, yes. Also here in Europe

LJ-TJ

Hm?Don't feel to bad. Everyone of us has gotten caught like you in one form or another. Take advantage of me once. Shame on you. Take advantage of me twice. Shame on me. That's one of the reasons we exist. To share experiances like this to help others.

Mlw

Yes LJ-TJ again totally agreeing with you.

Today I finally received my package. So happy till I opened the box containing a total gasket kit for overhauling the engine (see picture 1)

And then they also have the  $@!#@! nerve to say "This package is professionally packed" (see picture two).

What these "people" do, they unpack every item to see if it really is what the box says it is. Fine by me, but the at least repack it. Let's kick myself in the   :angel:  10 more time for being so damn naive.

So everybody reading this from outside the USA, be Advised: When something looks like it's to good to be true, this ALWAYS is the case. If I just let Rock Auto handle it it would have still been a lot of money but cheaper than this fraud company, I would also have received my tailpipe that I discarded or else the  sendingcosts would have been higher then buying the empire state building and I probably would have received the whole package in perfect order.

Lesson Learned.

LJ-TJ

Ah man. Sorry to see that. Had a flash back of my experiance when I saw that. Enough to make you p... However posting that is the best thing you could have done. With the stroke of the key board you just exposed them and their shoddy way of handling customers and doing busness to thousands of what could have be refered customers.

Schmitti

Nice greetings from Germany ;) The shipping costs are generally too high and that has always been the case. However, they must have exploded by now  $@!#@! I have been using two shipping service providers for years and get goods that are not shipped across the pond by US dealers.

If you have the time, use the cheap space of a sea container. All goods are checked before packing and arrive in Germany (Mönchengladbach / North Rhine-Westphalia) very well and protected:
https://www.usa-importservice.de/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA15yNBhDTARIsAGnwe0UJT26TbIkWQ6onkWGgXRvaQSdNQpbSWydTEMqcXHwXHIze3LDTYNQaAlAZEALw_wcB

If you order more than once a year in the USA, you can also use this service. They even unpack packages of different sizes and, if possible, pack everything together in one package. You can also store the goods there until you call them up and have everything sent to you in a cheap package:
https://www.bonvu.com/de/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA15yNBhDTARIsAGnwe0UF8wjxQXbbr6TzZCVYAz_cHcmq1X3QldKCL-SVKjbrlAYXyx7dvj0aArmGEALw_wcB

Thomas
Understeer is when you see the tree, if you'll take. Oversteer is when you only hear him on impact.

Mlw

Now that is information that's worth something and also the reason why I post this :)ThmbUp

Mlw

OK and then now the ending of the story,

I finally got a customer service agent that understood the problem. My creditcard details were deleted, the monthly fees that were charged TWO times within two weeks were returned and since no charges were made anymore.

So far so good.

Next to this she acknowledged that the way I received my package was absolutely not OK. As I had insurance I could claim the costs of the gasket kit. The catch however was that I needed to reinstate my account  !-! !-! !-!

The have a saying in Holland, a donkey never hurts itself at the same stone, so I politely declined. The only gaskets that were probably damaged luckily were the valve cover gasket so I can live with that.

The wisdom of LJ-TJ in this is GOLDEN.

Quote from: LJ-TJ on November 19, 2021, 07:06 PM
Sit down, strap in and hang on boy's you haven't seen anything yet. This is just the beginning. Folks are so enamored with all this computer stuff, Alexa stuff, self parking cars. They've allowed common sence and good judgment evaporate.  Why would you give anybody for any reason your private information and not expect it to come back and bit you in the bum. Why would you allow anybody access to your bank account via your credit card. I know everybodies doing it. But if I jumped off the Empired State Building would you. D:oH!

All I can say is, it really is outrageous that this is the way the world turns nowadays. WAY to many people just don't care, and absolutely have no ethics anymore. As long as they receive their salary why should you make the extra step and also receive gratitude from the costumers you are helping?

But then you suddenly get help from somebody who does care, and is constantly fighting trouble created by 10 other colleagues who just don't give a s*** and who are controlled by spreadsheet managers who only look at the numbers and don't give a s*** either as long as the figures are "good" in their eyes.

So, one great costumer service agent is never ever going to be able to make any improvements to a company as MyUs, so let's just not bother anymore.

I really think that we need to go back to basic again, delete our Amazon, Facebook and google accounts, go back to to the small family businesses and true craftsmen if we ever want to get out of the mess "the majority" live in. Maybe you will need to pay more, but NOTHING beats good products, good service, an sincerely meant apologies or solutions to mistakes.

Again, lesson well learned and Case closed.