Posted by: Robb2778 at May 14, 2017, 08:59 AM

Image Linking Codes
BB Code
Direct Link
Show Html Link Code

Comments (2)

Robb2778
January 17, 2022, 01:41 PM
Frame of trailer is 2x3 tube, tandem 3500lbs axles.  Walls are built from 1x1 1/8" square tube.  Made a few jigs to bend the tube for the front.  I measured out the front of my motorhome in CAD then scaled everything down to 89%.  Used the CAD Measurements to weld up the front framing.  All covered in pre-painted 18ga steel sheet.  Man Door and Side door were found on Kijiji for $100 ea.  Rear of trailer is ramp door and it holds the side by side and extra camping gear.  The side window opens with a big stereo and has a table for running a bar complete with Margarita machines for the campsite.  Trailer has a heater, AC, sink, 2 burner range and drop down bunk.  If I'm going for a short camping trip, I'll leave the Brave at home and this is more than adequate.  All in, costs were around $4500, and took me about 80-100 hours to build.  While I had some experience with welding at a hobbyist level, this project was started to build up some more trigger time.  If I were to do it again, I'd go all aluminum.
March 19, 2019, 11:42 PM
gotta find out out how you made this trailer - its great !!