04 - Front Airbag Suspension & Bilstein Shocks

Previous Image | Next Image
Description: This is an AirLift system.
Very well known, highly reliable and used extensively throughout the RV and trucking industry for years.
The price is reasonable and the installation isn't difficult.  The hardest part is compressing the leaf springs.
I
installed Bilstein shocks, but I recommend Monroe gas shocks as they are just about as good and cost half the price!

This upgrade greatly restores your handling, but it's not a cure for worn steering components.  However, in itself, this mod will eliminate those "white knuckle" steering experiences involving body roll  around corners and fending off truck wind and side wind blasts as well as "tail wagging" when being sucked into a truck's passing vacuum.

IMPORTANT:  The airbag kits come with ample heat shields and mounting hardware.  Use them or you'll be very sorry.

Picture Stats:
Views: 7132
Filesize: 36.28kB
Height: 413 Width: 450
Posted by: Oz at July 21, 2009, 03:03 PM

Image Linking Codes
BB Code
Direct Link
Show Html Link Code

Comments (4)

Oz
April 14, 2015, 06:38 PM
The kits came with explicit warnings about routing the lines and positioning away from heat.  They also came with heat shields which were perfectly fit exactly where they were needed.
GONMAD
April 02, 2015, 10:38 AM
You might want to upgrade your front end with a PANHARD bar. My brother installed one on his GULFSTREAM & what a difference! It even towed his car trailer better than without it. I like the peace of mind not having to "WHITE KNUCKLE" your way around. Also for what it's worth, The Bilstiens are (MORE EXPENSIVE) by far way better shocks than most any others with the exception of fully adjustable high performance shocks used on most aftermarket suspensions. I've tried four different kind of shocks & the Bilstiens are a world apart. I guess if you haven't tried the others & then went to the aforementioned you couldn't know.I even have one on my steering stabilizer. About the air bags, keep them away from heat & road hazards as they are prone to puncture easily compared to the firestone dual bellow units. all in all a good choice for ANY RV. Just my 2 cents worth & good wishes to ALL. GONMAD
Robb2778
March 30, 2015, 09:14 PM
I just installed the rear bags this morning!  What a difference!  I'll start gabbing up brackets to do the fronts this summer.
Froggy1936
November 18, 2009, 06:55 PM
These front air bags (on leaf springs) are a lot easier to install than on coil spring frt ends (General motors)