The Bad.....The Good.....and the Ugly and lesser of two evils

Started by stopngo, November 11, 2015, 02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stopngo

The Bad.......Head Gaskets Blown on my 454

The Good......Repair Place phones me at 2 pm today (day 6 for a 13 hr job) and asks me to come down and Test Drive my rig before they do the final cleanup.

Test drive more than satisfactory .....Never ran so smooth and goes like stink. I give the nod and go back home and was told to come back at 5:00 pm at which time the bill will be ready and unit cleaned up.

The Ugly.......Phone Rings at 3:30. At first I figure ohhh goody they got er cleaned up earlier. It was the repair place and the voice on the other end says.....
"Don't quite know how to tell ya this but a tow truck just hit your Winnebago while parked just outside the shop while we were cleaning it. Come down quickly. I took a photocopy of the other parties drivers licence."

The lesser of two Evils.........When I got there the Damage was much less that what it could have been but definitely enough to throw a wrench into matters.
He hooked the Awning post at the front and tore out the bracket meaning that the Awning is now out of service pending insurance claims and acceptance.

Rickf1985

That should NOT be on your insurance! That should totally be on his business insurance.

Bnova

And if the awning is the only problem, just take it off and you're good for now.

stopngo

Quote from: Rickf1985 on November 11, 2015, 10:36 AM
That should NOT be on your insurance! That should totally be on his business insurance.

I think it is. His liability Auto Insurance. Or what else do you mean Hm?

Anyway Im hittn the road shortly and my Internet access will be restricted to McDonalds for the next 4 days......... W%

Seee Y'aahhhlll

Rickf1985

If it tore a hole in the side be sure to caulk it with non-silicone caulk. Elastomeric caulk is best. I use Proflex. You do not want water getting in where the damage is.

stopngo

Quote from: Rickf1985 on November 11, 2015, 04:01 PM
If it tore a hole in the side be sure to caulk it with non-silicone caulk. Elastomeric caulk is best. I use Proflex. You do not want water getting in where the damage is.

Im still here.....this place is addicting. 
Quotenon-silicone caulk
I can see you learned that too over the years..... :)ThmbUp

Lefty

If a tow truck hit your RV while it was in the possession of a repair shop, then the shop is liable for all costs of repairs. This will go on the shops insurance (or he can elect to pay it out of pocket and prevent a claim). Then it is up to his insurance company or him, to seek reimbursement from the tow truck drivers company insurance (or the driver). tell the shop you want the awning replaced, as well as any sheetmetal that was damaged. I wouldn't settle for a hack patch job of caulk...
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

Rickf1985

I just suggested the caulk since he is going on the road tonight to protect the interior until they do something. Better than duct tape. D:oH!