It's not a Winni, but I'm new at this, afterall

Started by emoney, January 11, 2013, 12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emoney

Alrighty then, first, allow me to introduce myself;  the Christian name is Eric, hailing from "Tampa Bay" Florida (technically Hudson Beach)and I've just acquire my very first RV.  As a matter of fact, outside of spending a week in a tent about 5 years ago, I haven't even set foot in a campground in over 30 years.  The lovely bride, however, made the mistake of mentioning, one time and barely audible, that we should try a motorhome.  Zoom, off I went in search of the right one.  I almost went with a Chieftain 33, but at almost 35' couple with a previous owner that didn't really care about things like maintenance and care, I opted instead for a small 23' Southwind Eagle...a 1984 to be exact.

I've got lots of work to do, but the PO before me already did a lot of the groundwork.  My focus, mainly, will be on bringing her up to the "pretty standards" to please the wife.  For some reason, she's not a fan of the peach colored paneling on the cabinets.   Strange woman, her.  Also, I'm dying to try out the Rustoleum Process, but I have many doubts about that.  The outside will be getting attention, but how is to be determined.  The plan for the inside is your standard, "paint the walls & cabinets, recover/replace the pilot/co-pilot seats" format, but added to that, oddly enough, "she-who-must-be-obeyed" is requesting that I remove the jack-knife sofa PO installed and reinstall a booth dinette.  I've recently found someone selling the one he removed from his RV cheap, so I'll probably use that as a platform, but would like to add a little flair to it.

As I make real progress, with actual "before & after" photos, I promise to start a project thread and share the wealth, so-to-speak.  Wish me luck, please!

Oz

Awesome.  You'll get along with OldEdBrady too... he's very familiar with the term, "SWMBO".

I'm in Largo, BTW.  We have like 3 or 4 other members in our immediate vicinity as well.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

OldEdBrady

Welcome!  I haven't owned a Winnie for several years now, but they still put up with me.  Just remember that these old girls can be a lot of fun, and one heckuva lot of frustration.  Good luck to you!

DonD

Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

Froggy1936

Welcome. That is a perfect starter unit The Fiberglass exterior is a lot easier to maintain than aluminum. Looks like a very nice floor plan Good Luck  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

ClydesdaleKevin

Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

LJ-TJ

• Meh! Not bad for a Southwind Eagle. :)rotflmao I'm kidding. Nice looking rig. Welcome abroad. :)ThmbUp

emoney

Thx all and yeah, I know, I know.  But I really did try to make the first one a Winnebago.  It's technically not my fault that the PO was more of an abuser than a user.

I'm going to post a question about Awnings in the Coach section, if you get a chance, please swing by there and give me some advice.