Cam source recommendation

Started by cncsparky, May 24, 2014, 12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cncsparky

Only one place I would go for a cam recommendation.

http://www.straubtechnologies.com/
-Tom

Froggy1936

This reccomendation is in response to my Comment that Summit Raceing may have reccomended a camshaft for my rebuild of the 1995 5.7 Chev eng For max HP. wich is not condusive to my goal of max MPG . I did not research the cam just asked for wich one they would reccomend. Result much louder exaust noise, Lower vacuume reading than old engine (but it had a timing chain with 100 K ) wich results in later timeing and better fuel mileage Also new engine is not yet broken in .  N:(  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Rickf1985

I didn't see anything there that came close to a mileage setup. Some really nice torque motors though. W% :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp They are right on the money about building a engine system and not an engine from parts here and there. That is why I like Edelbrock, they have everything to put together a system for mileage. From the cam and lifters to th manifolds and heads and carbs and exhaust. All tested together as a system.

Oz

So this cam recommendation is only good for those who want more power rather than improved gas mileage?
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

cncsparky

How about more power and better mileage?  Are they mutually exclusive?   W%

Call Chris at the above link for a cam for your application, not a generic off the shelf cam.  I'm sure he will set you up for what you need, be it mileage, power or both  :D  .
-Tom