For the over 50 crowd - A little trip down memory lane

Started by DaveVA78Chieftain, October 31, 2015, 06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

Lefty

That was really neat. I love seeing the old ads, because many times it's the best source for seeing how a vintage RV or trailer looked when new.
His description of "the worst of 70's decorating condensed..." is an accurate statement of how RV manufacturers in the 70's did interior design.
If you like 70's vintage decor, you'd love a 70's RV...

Interestingly, this trend continued into the 80's as well... Remember when mauve (a fancy name for pink...), hunter green, and blue was the colors to have in new homes? And every RV had mauve,green or blue interiors??  Yep.  our '88 Georgie Boy was decked out fully in a mauve color scheme.... carpet,curtains,drapes,valances,seats, heck, even the countertops were light pink formica. 
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

beaverman

Man I remember those hideous colors! they actually started in the late 60's, my folks bought a brand new 68 Palamino pop up camper with nasty shades of harvest gold / yellow & brown striped interior !, Mauve interior ? I'm dealing with that now in my 88 Superchief! I think I found a fix for it, going to test it out, if it works I'll start a thread in the projects section, thanks for the picks and a trip back to the future !