Carter Thermoquad 6518 SA 18673 Needed

Started by LJ-TJ, October 19, 2012, 01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

• Hey Gang anyone know were a fellow could pick up a NOS
  • Carter Thermoquad 6518 SA 18673  Hm? Thanks

LJ-TJ

• Well after much deliberation and learning the difference between a Rebuilt Carb and a Remanufactured Carb. After looking and listening to all your suggestions which I appreciated very much and because it made my decision making that much easier. I decided to go with a rebuilt carb. For some reason and after much searching I couldn't find a carb I was comfortable with. At a local swap meet I met a chap Al and Sharon Moffat of Moffat Carburetion Specialties(http://www.rcmracing1.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=58) who are just a few miles down the road. Kind of a neat story I won't was your time with but he's a one man show and does specialize in carbs. I went to check out his shop and he isn't kidding when he says he specializes in carbs he had a wall that was at least 60 feet long and 12 feet in height and a another shelf the same covered in every carburetor you could think of. He had all the equipment to clean the carbs properly and engines on engine run stands so he could mount the cabs and adjust them to factory speck. My cost $275.00. He wasn't kidding when he says take it home,bolt it on and away you go. This thing has never run this good. If anybody's around Ontario Canada I suggest you check Al out.

DonD

Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

ClydesdaleKevin

Looks like he did a darn fine job!  It looks brand new!  Outstanding!  Does he do through the mail rebuilds?  And if so, you should post his contact info.  Hard to find a carburetor guy you can trust anymore!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

LJ-TJ

Well I'll tell ya I'm so impressed I'm going to get him to redo the cab on my 1943 Ford Fire Truck. As well he's looking into the carb on my 5W Onan.

Al & Sharon Moffat

MOFFAT CARBURETION SPECIALTIES
Jarvos, Ontario, Canada
Phone/Fax:  519-587-3371
email:  a_moffat (AT) hotmail DOT com

• Rebuilding
  • Tuning
  • Parts
  • Induction Systems
  • Carb/Distributor Troubleshooting

DaveVA78Chieftain

Awww shucks.  And here I thought I was the only one still brave enough to keep and maintain a Carter Thermoquad.  Good to hear!

Dave
[move][/move]

GONMAD

Hello again...  If you aren't satisfied with the stock Thermoquad, try a 625 Street DEMON carb. This carb has new tech for better mileage & more responsive primary triple boosters. Great fot MOPARs & GM alike.
  Just my two cents worth   C YA! GONMAD

LJ-TJ

We're always open to new ideas. And your right until we get out on the road next summer I won't know for sure. For the moment she seems happier than she's ever been. Thanks :)ThmbUp