Transport car from Oregon to Michigan

Started by Mytdawg, December 19, 2012, 10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mytdawg

I know it's a bit out of the realm of motorhomes and such but with such a breadth of knowledge here I thought I'd try.

Buddy of mine is trying to get a 1964 Corvette from Bend Or to Lansing Mi in an enclosed transport.  Any suggestions or recommendations (good or bad)?  There are a lot of them out there so any endorsement, suggestions or criticism would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Happy holidays, Christmas or pagan ritual of the greater being of your choice!  (did I cover everything?) 

ClydesdaleKevin

If its runs and drives, there are a lot of college kids trying to get home for the Holidays who might drive it for him for free (if he covers the gas)...just make sure you find a responsible undergrad...lol!  Craigslist is a good place to start. 

Otherwise there are a lot of vehicle transport services out there, but they are expensive!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

bigoak54

Hey There,

go to www.uship.com i had the winnebago shipped last month and the bids started at 1500 and i ended up shipping it for $450.00.  the money goes to the broker and you get a release code to give the driver when it comes.  worked great for me.  just like shipping wars and cable.

steve

Mytdawg

It's a pretty nice car.  He's already got a pretty big investment so he'll pay the long dollar to get a reputable shipper to move it.  Problem is that there are a lot of shippers out there and we're not sure who's good and who may be a little too less than good... 

Elandan2

Thinking about Kevin's idea, have you ever seen the movie "Moving" with Richard Pryor?  I don't know if it would be such a good idea!! Rick
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

Mytdawg

Quote from: Elandan2 on December 19, 2012, 12:19 PM
Thinking about Kevin's idea, have you ever seen the movie "Moving" with Richard Pryor?  I don't know if it would be such a good idea!! Rick

If I thought he'd go for it, I'd fly out and drive it back.   :D