Front and Rear Air Bag Fill Line Replacement?

Started by Ericb760, August 17, 2020, 08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ericb760

On my recent jaunt to fill my gas tank I stopped at a local tire shop to fill all tires to recommended PSI. While I was there I had the guy fill all four suspension air bags. The whole rig lifted up about two inches and the ride was noticeably more comfortable. Unfortunately, I could hear air escaping almost immediately from the front passenger side. Looking at the lines they seem to be made of cheap plastic, and are probably as old as the rig. A cursory inspection of the bags didn't reveal any obvious leaks, and judging from the looks I'm guessing that they have been replaced at some time in the past. The air lines are a different story. I want to start by replacing them first before dropping a dime on replacing the bags, but want to upgrade from the cheap plastic lines. Any advice from you old coach sages?
1989 Winnie Chieftain 28'

Rickf1985

Just use normal truck air line but I will warn you, it looks like cheap plastic! :D And when you buy it all you get is the bare line, no fittings so you will have to figure out what to do for fittings. I am thinking it has a screw on fitting like a tire valve? You may have a tough time finding that for and air line, maybe no. It has been quite a while since I dealt with air lines. ARB would be the best place to look for automotive air line stuff. Trick places will be geared more towards heavy duty.

https://arbusa.com/

Ericb760

Quote from: Rickf1985 on August 18, 2020, 11:20 AM
Just use normal truck air line but I will warn you, it looks like cheap plastic! :D And when you buy it all you get is the bare line, no fittings so you will have to figure out what to do for fittings. I am thinking it has a screw on fitting like a tire valve? You may have a tough time finding that for and air line, maybe no. It has been quite a while since I dealt with air lines. ARB would be the best place to look for automotive air line stuff. Trick places will be geared more towards heavy duty.

https://arbusa.com/

I found this kit online for $82.00. I might as well just buy it now even if I just use the air lines since the fittings are already attached.
1989 Winnie Chieftain 28'

Oz

Sounds like a good idea.  Do the whole thing and be done with it!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca